Our new conference needs to step it up in football

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

12 of the 13 highest ranked teams are from the SEC and the Big10. The new Big13 needs to step it up in football.

Some teams in our new conference have a strong football tradition; i.e., TCU, KState, Baylor, etc. Arizona is headed in the right direction.

I want Utah to win the conference, but I want a strong conference. Winning a weak conference would not mean much. We could not win the conference with the team we have today. However, if the right guys stay, we could be in the mix next season.

Go Utes!!!

1 1

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

You ain’t gonna get it. There is no iron to sharpen the iron in this league. Even the hold overs are coming to this realization now. This collection of teams will leave each other battered and no one with a record worse than 9-3 will be ranked. Pre-season ranking bumps will be gone. Welcome to the American squared.

Until the ACC explodes it is going to lean times.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Sorry, this is plain wrong. What needs to happen is Ute domination. Doesn’t matter if the rest of the conference is flaming garbage on a stick, the Utes need to win football games. If we can do that, we’ll be fine.

There is no universe where the Big13 or whatever its called catches up with the SEC and the B1G. It just isn’t going to happen.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Our new conference needs to step it up in football