3 2

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum
      4 3

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

At least according to Canzano, the dominos will fall into place that the Pac12 will finally wrap up a media deal, potentially announce expansion, and that the deal will be at least on par with the B12, but I will believe it when I see it. My faith in the media on this topic is almost gone, but given the meeting of key stakeholders this Tuesday it at least feels plausible.

6 15

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
        Ute Fan
        @alaskasteveutealum

Canzono is ignorant, and this article is consistent with his inflated ego—labeling people with crude names. You can report a suspected outcome without demeaning individuals who are not the beneficiaries of the outcome.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

Canzano and Wilner have been the only voice of reason through this whole process, man.  Also, I’ve never heard of anyone in the media who DIDN’T have at least a little bit of an inflated ego… c’mon.

palos_verdes_ute
          Ute Fan
          @palos-verdes-ute

They are fighting for the Pac12 here.  I dont’ get the hate.  It’s straight simple, media deal with more then what BIG12 is getting = we stay.  Media deal falls way less = we jump ship.  Either way, this is just to hold us in place until the next major realignment.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Where did he call anyone names?

2 11

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
            Ute Fan
            @alaskasteveutealum

This is what he said: “I don’t see the ’12-anons’ – the Q-anon Big 12 people – I don’t see the ’12-anons’ walking away from this feeling very good.

9 2

RedRocks
              Ute Fan
              @hypodactylus

How is this calling anyone names? It would be strange if anyone felt insulted by this. He is simply referencing the anonymous fabricated claims that keep coming out in favor of the Big12, using a sort of pop-political culture reference.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

Oh jeez. If you’ve been on Twitter though this while realignment thing you’d realize he’s not only speaking the truth, but he’s being nice.

thirtyfour-thirtyone
        Ute Fan
        @thirtyfour-thirtyone

I’m not understanding the hate.  Conzano obviously doesn’t have all the answers, but he has outlined a pretty decent outcome for the PAC-12 (and most importantly the Utes) here.  If he turns out to be right, I’d be reasonably happy with that outcome.  Obviously, there are better possibilities, but they are so incredibly unlikely, its not really worth talking about them (PAC-expansion with Notre-Dame and Florida State, or Utah+CO to the SEC or BIG, etc.). 

If anything, he is making fun of the fans of BYU-Provo, and I’m not gonna lose much sleep over that.

Anfernee
          Ute Fan
          @anfernee

It’s like a never-ending FHE activity of Dominos at this point. 

1 6

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
          Ute Fan
          @alaskasteveutealum

So, thirtyfour-thirtyone, you would be okay with someone on sports radio calling PAC-12 followers and Utah fans “ANTIFA thugs”, if it is interpreted by them as true, but “but done in fun”.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

It’s Tuesday – let’s see if Conzano is full of crap or the real deal.

Roy Rangum
        Ute Fan
        @royrangum

It’s now late Tuesday and I haven’t heard anything… I feel like Canzano was yanking my chain.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

He probably believed something would happen when he wrote that. A couple of days after that, it was reported the ESPN bid was no longer there. That can mean the PAC asked them to re-bid, or they could have pulled it and are going to rebid. Things change, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

FWIW, Wilner now reporting the meeting didn’t happen

Roy Rangum
        Ute Fan
        @royrangum

Thanks for the update. If there was no meeting then it makes sense there won’t be any announcements.

But this raises questions for me too:
        – was there a meeting scheduled and it was cancelled? And if so, why?
        – was there never ever going to be a meeting and the media just had it wrong?

Regardless, I guess I just need to be more patient. I have faith that Utah will come out ok independent of what happens to the PAC.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Those were questions people asked, but no one seems to know the answer. All I’ve seen is there’s a meeting scheduled for the CEO’s on April 10. But take it for what it’s worth.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Now they’re saying it was a scheduling mix-up and they’re meeting tomorrow 🤷‍♂️. I’ll believe it when it happens.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 PAC-12 Dominos