Pac-12 vs. big-12

Viewing 3 reply threads
      7 5

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

I was just trying to talk myself into being happy about the probable eventuality that we’re playing football in the big12 and here’s what I came up with…travel wise…

1. Low key fun away game destinations. Fly into Chicago, hang out for a few days. Take a four hour drive out to Ames and fly home from somewhere out that way. I could deal…. Do a similar thing by flying into dc, enjoy our nations capital and have a shorter drive to Morgantown. Philly and even New York or Toronto are within reach if you’re down to drive a bit. I could trade LA for Orlando…🤷‍♂️. Dallas and San Antonio are worthy cities. Especially in November. Tuscon in November is already great. Lots of these cities have somewhere worth visiting within a 4 hour drive. Drop down from Cincinnati into Kentucky while he fall colors are changing. That’d do.

Lots of great trips and destinations could be made into football trips…

I’d miss cali and Oregon. But a whole new world of football travel is opening up, possibly! Love those football trips.

Also, it’ll be fun(if we jump) to visit truly engaged fan bases. My biggest complaint about the pac-12 is the disengaged fan based we frequently were visiting (and probably the true ultimate cause of the pac-12 demise). Many of those schools care as much as we do.

#onthebrightside

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

New orleans Houston is another one that comes to mind

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

Um, Houston is a pretty fun town on it’s own.  It is one of the largest cities in America.  Not sure one needs to fly to New Orleans, drive across swamp land and oil refineries just to have a little fun.

12 9

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

@Tony (admin) can we get a conference expansion category so I can opt out? Thanks for all you do, but damn, I’ve heard enough. Maybe I’ll just opt out the PAC 12 category for now. 

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

Maybe just don’t read and reply to topics you don’t like? Creating a category for something that happens so infrequently seems like unnecessary admin overhead.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

Scroll back 10 pages, there’s literally a conference expansion post on every single page, and I think we’re just getting started. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Adding a category for that would just add confusion for the users and work for admins. People would be posting football stuff in there instead of the “football” category, and then every time someone posted a conference realignment post in “football” then we’d have to moderate it and move it. Not to mention the hundreds of posts that are already in “football” regarding the subject. Who would volunteer to go back and read every topic for the last 5 years and edit that topic to move it to the other category? That could take…. forever.

It’s going to be a fact of life and major discussion topic, like it or not.

Twitter has a word filter which is great. I filtered out “barbie” and “LeBron” and other stuff that I feel is excessive in my feed. Something like that is a possibility here, but that would take some work. 

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

Fair enough. As a non-paying subscriber I understand my place when it comes to demands. 

8 5

DrJazzy
      Ute Fan
      @docute

After the shocking and unexpected departures of USC/UCLA, I felt like the P12 would still work, we would get a similar tv deal to B12, and it would all be good. HOWEVER that was before I realized GK couldn’t find a deal if it was the size of Yao Ming. And then B12 beat the P12 to the punch. 

That was when reality set in and I too talked myself into the B12. They do really well tv wise, have an awesome tv deal with LINEAR tv. Watching Utah play on ESPN/Fox family of networks ALL the time rather than illegally streaming from the pac network would be great. 

And you are spot on on the passionate fanbases. 

P9 is dead. Any school and leave at any time now. And I suspect someone like AZ will be moving onto B12. My fear for Utah is to be left behind – being in the next best (SEC, B10 are not realistic aspirations at this point) needs to be the go. 

Just really hoping the Utah leadership is being proactive on this rather than reactive. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Pac-12 vs. big-12