PAC12 buying out Scott early?

Viewing 4 reply threads

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Can we get a 2-fer and throw the other Larry in the deal too?

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

YES PLEASE!!

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

It’s about time the Pac-12 Presidents put a stop to the Larry Scott money pit. I don’t know how he received a contract extension in 2017. But with everything hinging on the TV contracts expiring in 2024 and negotiations beginning on this in 2021, they need to decide now who is going to be guiding the conference through this process. I don’t know if it’s realistic to close the money gap with the other conferences at this point, but the Pac needs someone that can help bring the league to being more competitive financially with the others. 

FountainofUte
      Ute Fan
      @fountainofute

I’m sure there are lots of good candidates out there, but my Ute goggles tell me that Chris Hill would do a great job, at least as a transitional guy while the PAC tries to get their crap together again.

But besides the fact that retirement is treating him well (I assume), I’m guessing the old guard in the conference want one of “their guys” not a guy from one of the Johnny-come-lateleys.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Larry Scott is in it for one thing: Larry Scott.

S**tcan his ass.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football PAC12 buying out Scott early?