Paging OnlyU

Viewing 3 reply threads
      11 1

Utesby1
      Ute Fan
      @garykennedy

Well, we are 25-30% of the way through fall camp and crickets abound. Can you give us a few morsels of insight into the team? Not asking for any inside information on Cam or Kuithe but it would be most interesting to know who is standing out so far. Which newcomers are contributing already? Who is living up to our expectations and who is exceeding them? Someone said that Zipperer is going great things. Who else is making a name for themselves?

#3bballer
      Ute Fan
      @3bballer

Agreed! It would be nice to hear about the actual team and not big 12 or what the tds fans are saying.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I kind of like the fact that we haven’t heard anything.

Roy Rangum
        Ute Fan
        @royrangum

I would definitely be interested in knowing how the backup QBs are doing. That position worries me a lot.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

The plan to replace Rising has been in action longer than a year as we were expecting him to leave after the ’22 season. This plan is much more developed than the one for the replacement of Brewer when Rising was much of an unknown. Now we have two capable options instead of the single option for a replacement for Brewer.

Until we see Rising for a couple of drives, I expect Rose and Johnson, one or both, to be our QB following everything we would be doing if Rising left last year. Along that line, Whitt would be giving very little insight as to who will start given they have two different playing styles. Since there is little more insight than this, all we can do is sit back and enjoy what gets reviled to us.

Whoever plays will have a good OL, running game, and improved WRs to help them along. Florida also has a new QB and more questions on offense than Utah. Both will have a good defense I think. We don’t have to be firing on all cylinders, we just need to be better that Florida with the same issues but in SLC this time. We will be fine.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I’ll get an update posted soon (next couple of days type thing). Defense playing as expected and making life difficult through the first week!!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Paging OnlyU