Portal Guys

Viewing 2 reply threads

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

Let’s see who we did go to the portal for and how they are doing:
      – King (TE): caught a TD. Whit says he needs to gain weight to have more impact
      – Pittman (WR) been hurt last 3 games, so inconclusive so far but no one to throw to him anyway (also slotted as PR)
      – Allen (S) 1 tackle in limited play
      – Simmons (WR) I only remember a dropped ball
      – Becker (K) good, touchbacks, 3-4 FGs with 51 as long, but injured (warmups) for last 3 games
      – Battle (CB) been playing all right – 12 tackles, 3 pds
      – Fano (DE) stud, 3.5 sacks, 2 fumbles, but tore his ACL, gone for season
      – Damuni (LB) stud, 25 tackles (tied 3rd on team and only 3 behind leader)
      – Bernard (RB) I’m only counting him because he pulled out (usually leadership team has to vote him back in, but not sure on this one – I think it was blowback from TT). Off-field accident – out for season

Started the season with ‘deep RB room‘ with Jackson (now banged up), Glover, Bernard (out for season), Curry (2022 season ending injury, doesn’t seem same), Vincent (got hurt last game, Whit: ‘doesn’t look good for Fano or Vincent’), Randle (FR), Stanley (FR), Mitchell (FR). Maybe we should’ve got a stud RB in the portal ;).

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I rate Battle as the most problematic thing on Utah’s defense. But Broughton got abused against OSU. A few were just mistakes.

I would hate to play corner for the U though. It is baptism by fire when you get into the system.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Yeah Eagle, they really throw you out on the deep end, don’t they?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

When do we get Becker back? He was a good pickup, until he got hurt.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

He was taking kicks in pre-game against OSU so I would say that he will be available at any point between this coming Saturday and December 23, 2027. Details to follow

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.