Post practice interview with Scalley

Viewing 6 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

– Said that we have to create depth at some positions.
      – Corners are looking good. Johnson looks ready to go. ZV is playing as confident as he has ever played.
      – Excited about the font 7, especially what Coach Eliss has done with the tackles. We have a lot of depth at the D end position. He mentioned some names of some guys who are stepping it up. (I didn’t catch the names.)
      – O’Toole is dominating in every practice.
      – Fotu and Reynolds are doing great at LB. Losing Damuni is hard but he is not too worried about the position. Lopes and Andrews are getting reps.
      – Coach Shah is doing a great job of getting the CBs ready.
      – Very excited about what Fotu can do. He is ready to take on a lot more this season.
      – The LB and Safety positions require a lot of intelligence. They need to know everyone’s assignments.
      – He likes players who can adlib on the field.
      – Vaki and Bishop were somewhat the same kind of player. Tao will probably play free safety.
      – Mahi is standing out. Johnson has great speed and intelligence. Has closing speed.
      – Smith Snowden is doing great.
      – A lot of great competition for the strong safety position.
      – Making it a focus to take the ball away. They are doing well in the spring with this.
      – If they get someone from the portal it will probably be at corner. He feels very good about all the other positions.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks for the report. How does one “create depth?” If that’s possible, maybe we should have created depth last season.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

by Mahi I’m assuming you mean Vimahi?

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Minor correction to your first billet point…he said the primary goal of Spring Football was to create depth. Sounds like they feel they are doing that.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Wish we still had Medlock

Utah#1
        Ute Fan
        @utebig12nattychamps

all I would hear is Medlock this and Medlock that but it appears Utah didn’t utilize him all that much except on special teams. Either he wasn’t as good as they advertised or the LB room was too full and couldn’t get him on the field like they wanted, so he bolted.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Thanks proud Ute for the update. We have an amazing coaching staff. They have created a professional atmosphere for these players. Great players want to get better and be challenged. We just need to stay healthy and we have as good of shot as anyone to get to the playoffs.

Uteanooga
      Ute Fan
      @uteanooga

I also took notice of his creeping depth comment. I assume he means helping players that are not quite good enough to contribute improve enough to become contributors.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Post practice interview with Scalley