Michael Mokofisi OL
      Jonah Elliss DL
      JaTravis Broughton DB
      Zemaiah Vaughn DB

Most in the Pac-12 conference…

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

No Cam Rising is a bit surprising… No JJ is even more surprising though IMO. Just odd that neither of those two was even an honorable mention. I’d bet my house (if I had one) that one of those two would end up being at least honorable mention by season’s end.

MineralUte
        Ute Fan
        @mineralute

Not surprising at all. Caleb Williams, Bo Nix, Michael Penix. You’d put Rising – who is coming of surgery – above those three right now? I wish my goggles were as red as yours.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Without seeing the whole RB list I’d imagine most pundits have Irving (Oregon), Ott (Cal) & Martinez (OSU) as the conference’s top 3. There’s also a couple of transfers that are predicted to do well. Jackson is pretty much an unknown in comparison

If Jackson has the season we all think he is capable of, he’ll be in the mix. Until then the narrative is going to be “former QB with only a couple of games under his belt at his new position”. Which is fair when comparing to backs that already have thousand yard seasons on their resume.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

OToole will be on the first team and DPOY. 

All the people asking “Why no Rising?”  Well just look at the other QB’s in the conference. Two will be Heisman finalist. 
      JJ should be on the second team. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Switch out Fillinger for O’toole and I’m with you. O’toole will be the best DE in the conference. Mark it down.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I think the list is fair, but I understand why Ute fans are frustrated that Jackson is not on the list.  We saw his ability and potential at the end of last season.  But, we need to remember that he has not been a running back for one full season yet.

Ute players that I think will be in the mix for PAC12 awards (that aren’t in the preseason polls) in December include: Pepa, O’Toole, Vaki, Battle, and Jackson.

Go Utes!!!

1 1

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

I don’t know. Who is frustrated? A tad surprised? Sure. I don’t see anyone expressing frustration (though I don’t look anywhere else beyond here, so I could be missing other reactions).

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Preseason Pac-12 All-Conference Utes