Punting concerns

Viewing 4 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

You don’t hear much about punters during fall camp, but the things that have been said don’t instill a lot of confidence going into the season.
      We brought in Cam Peasley from Australia with some high hopes. To quote Whit after the first week or so of camp, Peasley was looking “horrible”. Apparently he turned it around and started getting some really good kicks in as time went on, but as recently as two days ago, whit has talked about how he needs to settle down and be more consistent. Covey has mentioned he just seems to have his nerves get to him. br />
      Punting hopefully won’t come into play much against weber, but it’s certainly going to be a necessary facet of the game going forward. Being able to flip the field is a huge help for your defense. We can’t afford a nervous punter dropping the snap or shanking it out of bounds ten yards down the field while backed up in our own territory.
      Hope we have a contingency plan in Peasley can’t cut it.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Contingency is Riverboat Kyle.

GibUtes
      Ute Fan
      @gibutes

That’s why we start with the easy schedule. Get a couple games under everyone’s belt, make sure they are ready for the real deal. If we make mistakes against the Webercats or Provo PooPoos, there’s time to right the ship once the important season starts.

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

I agree.  Plus, I just don’t see us punting very often against Weber or BYU anyway.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

I’ve been on road openers where the other team hated us. Michigan in 2008 wasn’t a home opener, yet, I think a road opener I believe.

Either way, watching RoJo hand the ball to the Michigan cheerleader after he picked a pass was ridiculously sick.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

Remember we also have the Fork transfer Michael Williams (currently listed on the roster FWIW). He was the #1 punter in the state of Arizona. Curious what his status is.

utahby05
      Ute Fan
      @utahby05

True about Michael Williams. He should be a good back up, Punter option, if necessary.

Also, I believe he is scheduled to hold for field goals & PAT’s. Covey is the back up Holder. Covey is a Stud !

Go Utes!

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Have we seen Covey do a fake run or throw yet? Because I would love to see that tomorrow.

Ghost of the HEB
          Ute Fan
          @deseretgentlman

Might wanna keep that in your back pocket for a more important game.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Punting concerns