QB

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

look here guys, I posted this one month ago and I still stick to it! just my opinion as a fan for the past 50 years. start Nate Johnson. get him going this year and the next two. one play and Cam is gone Barns is OK but Nate is the future ride him and lets get going on the QB and move on from it.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Fully understand where you’re coming from and I agree with most of it. However, I’m not certain that Nate is the future. Nate is the present for sure because he’s the available QB that gives the Utes the best chance to win. However, he couldn’t beat out Brandon Rose when that player was healthy and then, next year, Isaac Wilson joins the team. So, in my view, you go with Nate and put all of your chips in the center of the table on him because he’s the best you have. But that’s only for this season and based on your current circumstances.

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

Nate was injured during spring camp. We also have no idea how good Brandon Rose is, but the coaching staff literally said Barnes was back in the mix because he was apparently making less mistake, so I doubt Rose is a world beater. The QB choice next year is a complete toss up.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

You might be right, but of all the QBs that played in the Spring Game, Rose stood out as the best for me. I think we’ll only really know next year who’s the best when all QBs start on level ground.

UofU Fanatic
      Ute Fan
      @uofufanatic

Never know for next season. Have Brandon Rose who was on track to start before injury. Have Isaac coming in. With spring camp a lot can happen. But yeah NJ will likely have a boost with all the experience from this year and 1st practice reps.

Plus never know on transfer portal too.

Basically just need to play for today and the now, whoever is best today should be the one to get the practice reps and game play

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

Didn’t Isaac Wilson have an injury that he was going through? I saw rumors that he got surgery for it, but it was more of a band-aid fix. If that’s true, he has zero % chance of starting next year, and it’s already low as it is. We just saw a true freshman 5 star play against his first P5 competition, and look completely lost. Moore also played HS varsity since he was a freshman. I highly doubt Isaac Wilson will even crack the 2-deep next year.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

I know that Isaac Wilson underwent surgery to remove bone fragments from his knee on a Monday and played five days later. I don’t think that surgery was a precursor to another surgery in the postseason. I agree that it’s best if Isaac just stand and observe during his Freshman season but you never know, you have to play the guy that gives you the best opportunity to win. I’m sure you saw how Spencer Rattler was a pre-season Heisman candidate at Oklahoma but then got supplanted quite easily by Caleb Williams.

Red Rhino
      Ute Fan
      @ryanute

How would we know if Nate is or isn’t the future, he is not getting a real chance.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Don’t know if I buy that considering that he’s gotten the majority of in-game snaps this season so far. Has he been used correctly by the coaching staff? Possibly not, but that’s a totally different question. I don’t see the day to day preparation and interaction between Ludwig and Johnson. However, I certainly know that Ludwig wants to win every game and is using Johnson in ways that he thinks, given his experience, will provide Johnson the best opportunity to be successful.

utepilot
        Ute Fan
        @utepilot

If he is the future, he will emerge. He will be amazing.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.