QB RECRUITING

Viewing 6 reply threads
      1 11

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

heard from a lil bird that Elijah Brown really liked Utah. CR will be gone, Barnes probably enters transfer portal and Wilson goes on 2 year mission. That leaves a three way battle between Rose, Howard and Brown. What you’ll think?

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

Wilson isn’t going on a mission as far as I know. Barnes will never enter the transfer portal IMO.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Wilson is having off season surgery so no Spring ball. Not even sure he joins spring camp.

fosternano
        Ute Fan
        @fosternano

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a one year recovery so he would medical redshirt his freshman year.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

You can only get a medical when your eligibility runs out and it has to be approved by the NCAA

ArcheryUte
      Ute Fan
      @craig

There are some QB competitions that interest me next year, hopefully there is some serious talent we can try to pull over to utah.

6 1

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

Guys this dude is a troll. don’t reply to him. he has been doing this for a few months now.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

Honestly I have no idea how Brown is rated higher than Wilson. I’ve been more impressed by Isaac tbh, but then again, I’m not a QB coach or recruiter. Additionally, Brown doesn’t seem like he’s a dual threat guy. Reading up on him, he just sounds like a worse version of Dante Moore, and we see how he looked against a good defense as a true freshman. We need a blue chip transfer from a big time school that can develop QB’s.

Maalik Murphy – Texas
      Devin Brown – Ohio State
      These are two players who should be available after the season, and we don’t even know about any other high quality players that could transfer. I’ve seen rumors on USC message boards that their 5 star Malachi Nelson doesn’t seem all that impressive (not bad, just not elite), and that they might go after Chiles from Oregon State. Maybe we could try to get Malachi if that happens.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

So go after Malachi because he’s a cast-off and showing he’s not impressive. I follow Texas, and Maalik is just ok. Ewers probably goes NFL, Arch takes over and he is likely available. Now, Devin Brown? But these recruits to big schools want to move to another ‘blue blood’ typically – ego. I mean, we got Cam and Ja’Quiden, but they were buried further down.

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

Utah isn’t a blue blood, but we aren’t Texas Tech either. We’ve shown to be a very competitive and consistent program over the past decade. I absolutely think we can get a player like Devin Brown. Where else is he gonna go? The only reason he wouldn’t come to Utah is due to our scheme. As for Maalik, you’re correct. I also heard he’s just ok, but we aren’t getting an elite QB in the portal. We don’t have the scheme, money, or brand name for that.

Malachi Nelson needs to be put into context. Lincoln Riley is the best QB coach and one of the best offensive minds in CFB. He’s had heisman winners in Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Caleb Williams, and he resurrected Jalen Hurts’ career and made him into a heisman contender. If Lincoln Riley is passing on Nelson, that doesn’t mean he’s a bad QB by any means. It just means that Nelson either isn’t a good fit for LR’s scheme, or LR doesn’t think he is capable of being a Heisman caliber QB. But that doesn’t really matter for Utah. With our scheme and offensive philosophy, we will never have a Heisman QB. If he’s good but not elite, and he has a year of coaching under LR, I’d take him in a heartbeat.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

We need to go for a transfer who will be happy playing in the Big XII footprint. A Texas or prairie kid.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football QB RECRUITING