Recruiting

Viewing 11 reply threads
      4 13

User Suspended
      @a2ute

I know a lot of you drop the thumbs down on my post when I honestly evaluate Kwhitts recruiting .  I  just don’t understand why fans  let this coaching staff off the hook for recurring but will  go full attack mode during a game when the offense looks like a WAC team or there is no quality depth at the LB position.                                                                                                                                                      

If the Utes want to win the PAC12 they will need a top 25 class on a consistent basis –PERIOD.  Anything less is wishful thinking. 

If Utah wins the PAC12 next year it will be thought of as a magical season where everything went right but certainly not sustainable based on comparative talent. Utah has been in the PAC12 long enough, no more excuses on learning the ropes.  

Chris Hill, you need to make this coaching staff accountable  for all aspects of coaching.  50% of their evaluation needs to be on recruiting – and how it compares to the programs we need to beat.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

If only we could get your brains in front of the Utah coaching staff to straighten them all out. If only.

crazyute
        Ute Fan
        @crazyute

Why don’t we hire him as or 10th coach? We would have gotten it figured out

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

How does K-Whitt do in putting players into the NFL? But yeah…recruiting rankings by 3rd party never coached before websites is important.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I would argue Whitt has done WAY MORE with much less. Now we are consistely getting much better recruits. Recruiting isn’t the problem. The problem has been an offensive identity. Not establishing that is a fair criticism of Whitt. Recruiting ? Please.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Didn’t we just sign the best class we ever had? Isn’t the trend steadily up? Didn’t we sign two 4 star LBs?

I think Chris Hill also needs to hold my wife accountable for not being 5’10”. Or 28 years old anymore.

darklightning
        Ute Fan
        @darklightning

And one of the top QBs in the country who held offers from SC, Bama, Wisconsin, etc.

darklightning
        Ute Fan
        @darklightning

And one of the top QBs in the country who held offers from SC, Bama, Wisconsin, etc.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

P12 recruiting has helped with more 3 star players going to Utah and an occasional 4 star , usually defense. See how Tutrle plays out. Bottom line is Utah will never compete with USC, Washington, UCLA and to an extent The AZ schools for solid 4/5 recruits. 10 plus years in we have a pretty good idea the level of talent Utah will be able to recruit under KW. Not a knock on KW as Utes are about where they should be a mid-tier P12 football program.

2 4

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Whitt can’t field an offense. No matter what he gets in stars.
      Also the whole Whitt does more with less will bare itself out these next two seasons. Utah has more talent so it should be MORE with MORE now.

13 3

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

You bring up recruiting. Utah has the third most D-1 kids in the west. So, why is recruiting so hard?

Simple. It’s the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about but everyone knows.

Mormons are f**king weird.

And that puts a HUGE damper on recruiting.

With all that, Whitt had a top 25 class last year.

Until Mormons aren’t seen so weird, until weird old bishops stop pushing kids to go play for the “Lord’s University”, this will always be a problem.

Utah will always lose kids out of state because it’s easier than telling all the old weirdos at church why you aren’t going to BYU.

To discount this is foolish. If you want to see this program become a cellar dweller, Fire Whitt and bring in someone that doesn’t know how to recruit the local LDS kids.

As much good as Urban did, he was a terrible recruiter here and left the cupboards bare.

2 1

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

^This

I’ll be very, *very* frank for a moment. When you are recruiting a black kid from Florida or Michigan or Texas, is it easier to recruit him to Utah (the whitest state in the union) or to Los Angeles?

The problem is you’re saying Whit has to recruit like USC, but you won’t acknowledge that more kids want to live in LA than SLC.

I’ve never given you (Pace) a thumbs down and I never will, but your insistence to only look at one side of the matter (the side on which you happen to fall) is very problematic, and very few of us take you seriously because of it.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

As a card carrying member, you nailed it.  Mormons are freaking weird.  However bringing in kids like Carrington, Moss and Huntley will help.  Breaking ground in Florida is huge. Kids in Cali and Utah know about Mormons but more importantly believe the stereoptypes that are not true (in addition to those that are).  Kids from the east coast have a more limited knowledge and the staff can have a fair shot at impressing them.

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

Last time I looked at the PAC 12 recruiting ranking on utezone we were 6th by avg star rating. Considering the record we had this year that’s not bad. We also get a lot of impact players from weird places. Getting Sione Lund this year and that won’t show up in the rankings. Let’s see how the class finishes out before getting out the pitch forks.

I remember last year we finished out our class really late and a lot of people were up in arms saying kwhitt couldn’t recruit, then it ended up being our best class ever.

7 1

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

People give you thumbs down because you bitch about this at least weekly AND you don’t seem to acknowledge the progress we’ve made in recruiting sinc we’ve been a member  we aren’t the easiest school to recruit to when you’re competing against the Arizona and CU party schools and the so cal beach bunny scene 

the hardest thing is getting the kid to come visit. After the visit we’ve gentslly done pretty well 

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

Damn double lost again

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

Gee Pace I wish we all as smart as you. From the period of 2004 until 2009 (whit was there both years) The utes were undefeated twice and beat Alabama….oh and they were not even a p5 at the time. USC is a P5 and hasn’t looked good for several years. 14 players into the NFL last year. Someone thinks he can recruit talent. Whit is a good coach and probably better than you at evaluating talent

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.