Recruiting and Branding

Viewing 3 reply threads

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Fascinating article about recruiting and branding.

http://picksixpreviews.com/how_to_win_in_recruiting.html

It makes perfect sense. Unless a school is a blue-blood, they need to brand themselves as unique in some way (unfortunately for Utah, “family” is not unique anymore–the article even says as much). Some schools have established a brand that can persist despite poor results on the field.

If I were to pick a brand for Utah, it would be talent development, i.e., preparation for NFL. Utah has proven results to support such a brand, and I think it would resonate with a good segment of recruits. If I were Utah’s marketing department, this is what I would push like crazy, so that every recruit knows that if you play for Utah, you will be prepared for the NFL. Utah will likely never be the glitzy/sexy choice, but it could make a push to own the hard-nosed, prepare-you-for-the-NFL choice. Naturally, other schools can make that claim, too. But my goal would be to ensure that when a recruit thinks of the best place to sign to prepare for the pros, Utah is one of the top names that pops up in the conversation.

Any other ideas for a brand that could make Utah football unique and attractive to recruits?

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Good article. Utah very much brands and markets its NFL talent from my perspective. Rooms dedicated NFL Ute players and their NFL teams. 

1 1

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

How about… “Come Play at the University of Utah, We’re a P5 School Now in Case You Haven’t Heard!” Hilarious.

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Agreed. Outside of family, I think that’s our schtick. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Recruiting and Branding