Resident Board Therapist OnlyU

Viewing 4 reply threads
      14 2

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

At the risk of sounding like a codependent naggy girlfriend needing affirmation, please give us some angles here that are positive. You seem to have insights and connections that give hope. #OnlyU-Kenobi

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

“OnlyU-kenobi”

Haha, lol. That’s a good one.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

21 1

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Read through some of the comments on the board.

“Utah is valuable”

That’s the one that sticks out to me the most. No doubt in my mind that this is the case and Utah’s stature is improving almost on a monthly basis.

Definitely frustrating what’s been shared or not shared the past 12 months but there are reasons and they’ll come out eventually. Hard to wait and I too wish the conference would at least play the media game a little more.

My thoughts…I trust Randle, Utah is and will be fine. More news coming, more major realignment in 5-7 years so all this bs posturing is almost a waste of time. I have no reason to be overly concerned. And I’ve always believed a scheduling alliance will be a part of the strategy. Don’t freak out with what you read on Twitter or is spewed from your rival media and fans.

Take a breath…it’s gonna be ok

Oh and camp starts Monday!!!!

Charlie Foxtrot
        Ute Fan
        @charliefoxtrot

Some of the things that concern me about the future of the PAC12/10/whatever is that even if the conference stays together with all remaining members after Colorodo exits, the CFP is only allowing auto bids for conference champs for the 2024-2025 seasons (so far).  If the PAC looses some of it’s luster with USC and UCLA out, how does that impact conference member access to the CFP in 2026 and beyond?

If the media rights deal ends up being heavly streaming and there is a perceived lack of reach/access how does that impact NIL and recruting going forward?  Stack potential CFP access issues on top of that and I worry that we don’t have 5-7 years for further realignment to sort itself out.

I’ll admit that most of my concern is from media/talking heads outside of the university or the PAC 12 conference itself so I will just have to trust that those making the decisions at the U know what they are doing.  Honestly I am curious about what cards they are holding or what information they have when they pretty forcefully announced that the Big 12 wasn’t a good academic fit a few months back.  The problem is there is next to no information coming out of the PAC so speculation runs wild.

UrbanLiar
          Ute Fan
          @urbanliar

I’m betting a major topic is the potential backfilling of the evening/night games that the B10 agreed to but now doesn’t want to perform in. Those things take a long time to investigate and negotiate. Call me an optimist but I’m not that concerned yet. The fabric of our football program is solid, our boosters are growing every day, our performance is as strong as it’s ever been, our facilities are improving every day, our media market grows every year, and I’m not buying into any negative spiral.

1 2

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

I want what you’re drinking

UrbanLiar
              Ute Fan
              @urbanliar

Meet me in the tailgate lot in a month and I’ll give you some 😀!

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

is numbness from the repeated ridiculousness of the last year as good as taking a breath? I’m only posting because I’m bored today because apathy over college football has finally taken over my brain like a fungus. I can watch NASCAR or Netflix romcoms on Saturday at this point and I don’t think I’ll care about the difference (A spot I never imagined myself in). Really no idea what is going to bring me back. I never went back to baseball after the strike and steroids…hope something changes or this will be the same.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Resident Board Therapist OnlyU