Rising vs. Daniels

Viewing 4 reply threads

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

I know Daniels is a highly rated dual threat QB. IMO, Rising is aligned more with future Utah QBs. Daniels is listed at 6’3″ 175lbs, meaning he’s probably more like 6’2″ 170. The dual threat QBs of his stature fight injuries their entire career in the P12.

Rising at 235 lbs will be way more durable and get the necessary run yards without getting beat up. If Rising has half the arm as Shelley and Huntley this kid is a huge get. I would like to see Utah recruit another H.S player similar to Rising. 

I am huge Huntley and Shelley fan. It’s scary seeing them run in the open field or on short yardage. They are both on the run QBs not sit in the pocket and sling it QBs. 

Go Utes!

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Rising is a pro style qb and a better fit for Ludwig. I’ve seen enough of Utah’s “dual threat” qbs through the years and all the injuries. Give me the Rising son.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Kind of a moot point being we won’t ever see if Daniels works in our system.  Rising is a great prospect and I’m excited to see what he can do for us.  We won’t know which one is better for a few more years though(regardless of system).

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Shelley leaping that guy in the BYU game put him in my top five Ute QBs on that alone. He won a good string of games. Tuttle got beat straight up. Best of luck to him.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

As disappointed as I was to see Tuttle transferring out, the acquisition of Rising sure smoothed things out nicely for us. And as had already been mentioned, his 235-lbs frame spells “durability” — something we haven’t had at the QB spot since Travis Wilson.

That said, in order to fully exploit Rising’s talented arm, we’re really going to need to shore up our WR corp with better talent than we have right now. Puka Nacua would have been a great fit in SLC, and Darren Jones — if he can get his academics in order, and put on an extra 20-lbs — would definitely fit in well too.

GO UTES!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rising vs. Daniels