Rivalries

Viewing 2 reply threads

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Looks like the only protected games to be played every year in the big xii are the ASU-Arizona, Baylor-TCU, KSU-KU and the holy war. Interesting. I was kind of hoping for a pod of Arizona, ASU, byu and us

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I’d have preferred they’d kept the Utah-Colorado game instead of Utah-TSPP.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I agree. Plus Boulder is an easy drive from SLC and is a nice place to visit, especially in the fall.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Happy to see the Colorado game earlier in the calendar away from Thanksgiving and nice to drive up over and thru the park to get there.

DrahtUte
          Ute Fan
          @drahtute

I’m going to have to disagree about Boulder being a nice place to visit. Colorado has some great areas but Boulder ain’t on that list for me.

DataUte
            Ute Fan
            @scotwaye

What, you don’t like the skunk mixed with BO smell?

Caliman
            Ute Fan
            @elguapoute

what? boulder is awesome, they have the best weed

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

Agree, come in from Estes Park, it is less than an hour. Come thru the park assuming you drive over.

UTE98
            Ute Fan
            @ute98

I’m going to disagree with your disagreement.

Boulder has one of if not the best food scenes in the mountain west.

There are some really great restaurants on Pearl Street. I once had a lamb burger with a red pepper chutney to die for on Pearl Street at The Kitchen.

They have the Auguste Escoffier School Of Culinary Arts, is a which is a top 5 culinary school. And down in Denver is Johnson and Wales #3. Boulder has a rich culinary offering.

Also many casual dining places were influenced by Boulder.

15 Colorado-Grown Fast Casual Restaurant Chains

The flatirons are absolutely gorgeous. I joke around about it being the People’s Democratic Republic of Boulder, but overall Boulder is not a bad place. Beats Provo!

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

Boulder was my favorite road trip back when I was playing lacrosse at the U. I love Boulder!

DrahtUte
              Ute Fan
              @drahtute

When did you play lacrosse at the U? When I played in the early aughts, I hated playing CU because they were all big and cheap shots.

OldAsDirtUte
        Ute Fan
        @oldasdirtute

Just think, if they actually had protected the Utah/Colo rivalry the unending hilarity that would create!

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

What a miserable thought having to play the zoobs annually….These last two years have been glorious in that aspect.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.