Roscoe Mendenhall oh yeah that guy

Viewing 5 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

After declining all other open coaching positions Roscoe ends up in Methuquerque

ESPN link five year deal to be a Lobo

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

I remember Roscoe criticizing TDS at his departure because he didn’t think he could be successful in recruiting outside of a P5 program. It’s ironic he’s now back in a MWC school facing that exact same issue. Anybody else remember the creepy caricatures he’d draw of his recruits’ faces? Super strange.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Not ironic at all. He coached there prior. Has more than enough money for he and his family for generations. It is clear that his thing is helping young men become solid members of society and football is the vehicle he uses. When he left Virginia it was pretty clear that he believed he did not have the energy to accomplish this goal at that time.

Bronco is an odd duck, no doubt about it. But he is a fine football coach who has a different value set. Frankly, the older I get, the more I respect people who just do them. He wants to go back to New Mexico coach ball, and run his ranch. Go for it.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

It seems so strange to me to leave a prestigious school like Virginia to end up at UNM. Oh well, he is a different guy.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

That’s one weird dude.

NashvilleUte
        Ute Fan
        @nashvilleute05

Of all of the spots a former P5 coach could land, New Mexico is one of the least likely destinations imaginable.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I never cared for the guy, however, he was good at football. He needs someone else to communicate with the fan base. I can only imagine this will be good for New Mexico.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Good Get For N.M. He’s a good coach. I don’t like the guy. And Whit owns him. But O’ve always respected him as a coach.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Roscoe Mendenhall oh yeah that guy