Rose Bowl: Non-stop Flight to Vegas + Hotel in San Bernardino + Car cost < $350

Viewing 4 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

If you’re considering a cost-effective way to do the Rose Bowl trip, consider a to-and-fro SLC-LAS flight, and hotel in the San Bernardino / Pomona area. Basically you fly into Vegas, and do a very doable 3.5 hr drive up to San Bernardino / Pomona. Rose Bowl is ~45 mins from there. 
      I just booked my iterinary, and it cost me <$350 each for air (non-stop SLC-LAS flight both ways) + 3* hotel in San Bernardino / Pomona + car (pick up and drop off Vegas airport) for Jan 1 thru Jan 3. This does not include game tickets.

Go Utes!!!

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

You’re going to encounter a 15-20 mile backup from the Nevada-California border on southbound I-15 on a Sunday, and possibly on Jan. 1, but with the normal New Year’s games on Monday, it’s possible that it might be less. Anyone traveling this route should account for the delay, or consider bypassing the delay by taking US 95 south from Las Vegas to I-40. You can easily get to US 95 from the Las Vegas airport by taking the southern beltway (I-215) east.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Thanks for the tip, Alaska. I’ve never done this trip / route, and just going off of the Google map. I also travel a day in advance, so should be okay with absorbing delays. Really appreciate the feedback.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

@AlaskaSteveUteAlum how much time should I realistically account for the Vegas to San Bernardino drive assuming I leave Vegas ~5 pm?

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
          Ute Fan
          @alaskasteveutealum

SalUteopia, I would count on at least 4-5 hours to get to San Bernardino, even bypassing I-15 south of Las Vegas.

SalUteopia
            Ute Fan
            @saluteopia

Thanks, Alaska. Not ideal, but I should be able to absorb that kind of delay.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Just don’t do what we did. We stayed in St. George and drove to Pasadena the day of the game and then drove back after the game. There wasn’t parking close to the stadium, so we took a shuttle. The line to get back on the shuttle after the game was a winding 2 miles long, and that isn’t much of an exaggeration. Needless to say, it was miserable. But at least the game was fun, despite the loss.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Good to know, Larry. Last time we booked parking at the golf course by the stadium, and it went as smooth as it realistically could. Considering a similar plan this time around. 

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

I’m headed to Peru in Feb or I would go. My girlfriend Peruvian and classmate at the U of U. Is returning and I am picking her up.

SorryWife
      Ute Fan
      @sorrywife

I would highly suggest not traveling from Vegas to LA on that Sunday unless you’re out of there in the wee hours of the morning. I live in San Diego and every time we’ve traveled from Utah to San Diego on a Sunday our drive goes from 10 hrs to 15+ hrs. I’d imagine it’ll be worse being a holiday. 

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Ooooofff sounds brutal!! I’m traveling on the previous day, and only up to Paloma near San Bernardino, which is currently showing 3 hr 10 mins per Google Maps. Looks like it will be much more drastic on Sunday Jan 1. @SorryWife, how much time should I account for the Vegas to Paloma drive assuming I leave Vegas ~5 PM? Any other suggestions to make it more feasible?

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Would it make sense to go through searchlight and over on 40 in that case? 

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

Thanks, @NarfUte. US-95 thru Searchlight is looking like a good alternative.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rose Bowl: Non-stop Flight to Vegas + Hotel in San Bernardino + Car cost < $350