Run Game

Viewing 4 reply threads

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Why do you think we struggled a bit to get the run game going yesterday? We had a few big plays, but I expected more ground and pound – especially in the second half. I assume it’s like a combo of guys on the OL being out, Florida knowing we wanted to run out the clock in the second half, maybe Jackson’s injury, etc… Thoughts?

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Florida stacked the box virtually every first down. Even after the first play of the game, they continued to stack the box. In order for us to run successfully we will need to be able to complete some intermediate passes.

I think the run game will come especially after Rising returns.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Box was stacked all night. You can expect it every time BB and NJ play. Another Ludwig conundrum for me, why does he attempt (one single successful time) to make them pay for loading the box and then fall back to dink, dunk and 2 yard runs? For me sometimes Ludwig is on another planet with his plans and playcalling and we’ll never know how much Whit is influencing this.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

The OL was fine, IMO. As far as regular starters, Kump was at center but he’s been a starter before at Guard and Tackle. Fano was being spelled by Togia, probably just a true freshman kind of pre-planned substitution scheme to break in the true freshman. Jaquinden wasn’t running violently in my opinion, and I think Nate Johnson should jet-sweep it himself every play until they stop it. Nate Johnson in the rollout run or pass option should happen more frequently until an opponent blows it up.

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

Florida stacked the box the entire game, dating Utah to throw the ball. I anticipate the same set up next week

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

As others have said, Florida remained committed to stacking the box. They never deviated from that game plan.

Also, Florida’s defense is pretty good. They have some seriously talented dudes on that side of the ball. Utah did well, all in all.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.