SC Fans are the Most Fair Weather Fans…

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

They p**s and moan more than zoobs do. If people around here think Ute fans are bad go peruse a SC board. Holy moly. 

They all want Helton fired (I get that), since he’s only won two South and one Conference championships (in three years). They think the PAC12 belongs to them. They don’t watch any games other than their games, and have no idea what’s going on around them.  If they don’t get everything they want they throw epic tantrums. They give no respect to any other teams. They’re still crying about not getting calls, not getting breaks and how Larry Scott and the conference office is out to get them  

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t they get one more fortunate bounce than we did?

They need to be playing The Little Sisters of the Poor every week so they can stop crying for a minute. Some of them continue to refer to us as a WAC team. 

This is the first time we’ve thrashed them. Hoping it’s the beginning of a trend. 

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

Sour grapes… Definitely makes the win a little more sweet. That’s always been USC’s problem, so many 4 and 5 star, recruits they are spoiled children who have always had everything their way. They can’t play as a team because they all want everything to be about them alone. Obviously it bleeds down to the fans. Someone takes about the ”uoer chicken’ theory last week… Great analogy. Heaven forbid they get a coach like Saban or Meyer.

7 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

To be fair to them, with their recruiting and history they should feel this way. 

They should be having the same success as Alabama or Ohio State or Oklahoma. All have been to the playoffs recently. USC hasn’t. 

User Suspended
        @a2ute

This^

The expectations for blue bloods is different. It’s all about the CFP and anything less is a failure. Trust me, if UofM loses again to tOSU….harbaugh will be on very thin ice.

I’d be more than p**sed if I was a USC fan. Getting a beatdown by Utah is a non starter

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Haha IF Harbaugh loses to Urban again. You mean WHEN Harbaugh loses again. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

OK, well, I think you’re both wrong. Alabama went more than a decade mired in mediocrity. Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan, all of them have these periods. Ohio State has been pretty consistent, but every program ebbs and flows.  

Then there are programs like Florida St, Miami, Nebraska that peak and fall. Will they rise again?  Who knows. 

None of that entitles any of these helmet programs. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

EEEeeeeeehhhhhhhh….yes and no. 

Look, we were ready for fire Whitt three weeks ago as a fanbase and we recruit in the high 30’s, low 40’s. 

I think I read that USC has the fourth best roster, recruit wise in the country. 

If Utah had the fourth best talented team in the country and had three losses…we’d be losing our minds as well. We were losing our minds with two losses and much, much, much less “talented” roster (notice the quotation marks before some trolls take us off topic). 

I also think they are babies, but I thought our fanbase was a bunch of babies a few weeks ago. At least they have some reasons to act like babies. We didn’t. 

If I was a USC fan, and we came into this year or ANY year with a true freshman QB, I’d be p**sed. That is a failure. A colossal failure. You are USC. You don’t recruit. You pick the players you want. Do better. 

But don’t do better. As a Utah fan, I’m loving this. 

1 2

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

LOL I agree with your overall point but what you choose to shuffle in there is ridiculous. You say fans are not justified in being upset with the offensive woes that plagues this team cropping up again?  The first three weeks of the season were f**king ridiculous. Any fan base with half a brain can see that when your top ten defense is carted out after another three and out. 

Utah fans seeing the same ole Whitt era offense for the millionth time is not even comparable to USC fans expectations. I expect at least a a top forty offense from a top 25 paid head coach albeit defensive coach. 

Warrior Ute
            Ute Fan
            @warriorute

This reply made me wonder what the difference is between our recruiting and USCs.  247 sports creates an average recruiting score. USC is at 90.81. Utah is at 84.83.  That is a 5.98 point difference. The team closest to a 5.98 difference below us is UNLV at 78.83. If we got curbstomped by UNLV, many of us would be calling to burn the program to the ground and start over.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Where does NIU rank? Washington and Wazzu?  Just for curiosity. 

St George Ute
                Ute Fan
                @stgeorgeute

I’m not sure where the average scores quoted above are from (which year or if it’s a composite of many years), but here are the 2018 numbers from 247Sports recruiting rankings :

Utah – 85.69

Utah’s opponents (Difference in Parentheses):
                Weber – 76.36 (9.33)
                NIU – 80.59 (5.10)
                Wash – 90.21 (-4.52)
                Wazzu – 83.66 (2.03)
                Stan – 88.02 (-2.33)
                AZ – 84.91 (0.78)
                USC – 94.23 (-8.54)
                UCLA – 87.32 (-1.63)
                ASU – 86.23 (-0.54)
                OR – 89.18 (-3.49)
                CO – 84.86 (0.83)
                BYU – 81.35 (4.34)

Warrior Ute
                Ute Fan
                @warriorute

Thanks, the numbers I used may have been from a different year. It was the first thing I pulled up on a google search. The team in the numbers quoted above that is as far below us as we are below USC is Central Michigan at 78.19. I think the point remains solid that if we were beaten and embarrassed on the field by Central Michigan then we would be very upset.

Stone
              Ute Fan
              @stone

This is an excellent way of looking at it. 

Anonymous
              Inactive

This comparison might work if talent level differential was linear and objective. It isn’t. Especially for Utah because we get talent, often our top talent, from places that don’t reflect in any of our recruiting rankings. 

This year alone we have Lund, Tafua, Bernard (anyone else?), none of whom will count toward any recruit class rank. 

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Scoring one touchdown on NIU is inexcusable by their own logic. 

Anonymous
            Inactive

I don’t agree with this comparison at all. You can’t compare one MWC conference championship in 14 years with two divisional and one PAC12 conference (and a Rose Bowl win) championship in three years. 

FFS, we have lost to New Mexico and UNLV, where we were shut out, during that span. We regressed in the Mountain f**king West during that time. Then to see the program struggling to even field an offense for all of those 14 years. Kyle is winless against Boise f**king State, and Boise isn’t even a state!

We’ve backed Kyle the whole way.

Sorry, no comparison at all. 

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Exactly right. If we lost to teams that we regularly out recruited by a large margin (from a “stars” standpoint), we would be p**sed. 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Conveniently, USC WILL play the Sister of the Poor.  They play in Provo next year, with the return trip to the E-Coli coming in 2021.

Anonymous
        Inactive

😄😄😄🤔

Wait…does that mean that we are “the poor?”

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

UVU is the poor, BYU is the sister.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football SC Fans are the Most Fair Weather Fans…