SEZ

Viewing 5 reply threads

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

With no football now, I assume work on the SEZ will and can continue full steam ahead without any disruptions during what would have been the fall season. 

I wonder if they will be able to get it done ahead of schedule? Or, do they put it on hold given the $$ that will be lost for not having football. Harlan noted they expect to lose $50-60 million.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/8/12/21364877/utah-utes-athletics-mark-harlan-postponement-budget-ncaa-covid-coronavirus

I don’t see how they play in the spring. Just my opinion.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Business owners in Salt Lake are who I care about. Really gonna hit them hard after a whole year of slow death of attrition. 

highlandute7
        Ute Fan
        @highlandute7

Totally agree. Same thing happened with the Jazz season shutting down. Lots of lost business.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

13 7

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Seems reckless for those construction workers to be working on a football-related project amidst a pandemic. Doesn’t the University care about the workers’ health? What about the liability to the university? How does the risk of construction workers croaking outweigh the benefit of a few more seats in a stadium? I am appalled at the lack of leadership at the University! They are literally KILLING people by allowing that construction to continue. 

10 4

CB
        Ute Fan
        @solidhobo

Comment of the day lol. Those construction workers have a higher chance of dying from Chinese Virus (still less then 1%) then the players do, yet they continue working while the players season is cancelled.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Viruses dont have nationalities and there’s no way to prove where it was first contracted by an animal, let alone where it first mutated to its current form. Although, someone who uses xenophobic terms probably doesn’t put much stock in science so I can see why you might say that.

89ute
            Ute Fan
            @89ute

WOKE ALERT

So is it okay to say where it began spreading from Mr Moral Science? Please let me know because I certainly don’t want to be called xenophobic, as I (along with the CDC) am of the opinion that the virus spread from Wuhan China.

If I mistakenly referred to you as a Mr please don’t lecture me on male toxicity, being misogynistic or ignorant to LBGTQ or any other social justice place you want to take this thread.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

On Harlan’s Zoomcast he was asked by Furlong about the SEZ project. He said they were originally planning to wait until after 2020 season to tear down the Clark building. But since they aren’t playing now in the Fall they can move forward with the demolition work. And that because of this they are a little ahead of schedule to have everything ready for the 2021 season. My only question is, was Harlan signaling that there’s really no chance we are going to play football in Spring and that they are just putting that out there for now, knowing they will be announcing in December that the 2020 season has been officially canceled and won’t resume until Fall 2021? Because if they demolish the Clark building now and won’t have the new SEZ completed until their prior plans of just before the start of 2021 season, there wouldn’t be any locker rooms for the teams to play games at RES. Unless I’m missing something??

McAfeeKnob
        Ute Fan
        @ogdenparaiso

@MDUte Today with Riley, Harlan said that if they play in the spring they’ll have to get creative for locker rooms. 

Kind of indicated to me that they really haven’t put much thought into the logistics of playing after January. I am worried about next year’s season at this point.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Thanks McAfeeKnob, I missed that interview. But I agree, that doesn’t sound like they have any realistic plans of playing in Spring at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve already determined to cancel the 2020 season and are planning to not play again until Fall 2021.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.