Should know a lot in the next hour

Viewing 8 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

It’s telling that U of A didn’t vote to leave last night even though the Big12 voted to accept them. We’ll see what happens.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Its 8 am do you know what athletic conference your alma mater is in?

Calgradutedad
      Ute Fan
      @calgradutedad

There’s so much info out there that’s not correct but it’s hard to trust anyone as the writers don’t have as many contacts at Apple as they do at the networks. I have read that the Apple money was terrible. And I have also read that it will be better than Big 12 in the first year or two. If the conference stays together we will probably read later that it wasn’t as bad as some made it sound.

thirtyfour-thirtyone
        Ute Fan
        @thirtyfour-thirtyone

Listening to Canzano et al., there are rumors that the deal is strongly back-loaded, so after year two, there is a lot more guaranteed money. Who knows though? There has obviously been a lot of made up BS passed off as legit info from informed sources lately.

Most college athletes are not football players, I hope this mess doesn’t screw them over too badly. That is one major reason I will be excited about the continued existence of the Pac-xx if it happens.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

UW also delayed their meeting several times. Not sure if anything came from it. Jamaal Anderson also sent a cryptic tweet. My guess is, no one else leaves the PAC.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

Seems to be a good sign that Oregon, Washington, and neither Arizona schools made any announcements last night. 

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Now it seems that UO won’t be signing the PAC GOR. Seems like they and UW are just screwing around trying to get a better share from the B1G.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

So, If Arizona goes to the B1g 12, but everyone else stays, is the PAC still viable? What do you then? Add SDSU, SMU, Colorado State, and Tulane/Rice? Discuss…

WasatchRanger
        Ute Fan
        @luke8675

IMO if AZ leaves but Oregon and Washington stay I would hope we add SDSU and SMU. I’m not as high on either Colorado State or either of the Tulane/Rice combo.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

That’s probably the logical step, at least in the near term. I should have also thrown UNLV into the mix…if you look beyond the university’s academic ranking and focus solely on sports, there’s a lot of potential upside there.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Yeah that’s pretty much the way I see it. Maybe only add 2 more but probably 4 total.

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

This is becoming a joke in itself.

KSL

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Love of money is the root…

WasatchRanger
        Ute Fan
        @luke8675

I was living out of the country (mission) and didn’t follow the move to the Pac-12 in 2010. Was is this crazy? Because this is nuts.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Not really. It was mostly done under the table to keep the state legislature from squashing it because the TDS would be left behind.

//r00t4Utes
          Ute Fan
          @r00t4utes

Not really the same scenario or impact or implications. Biggest difference being the possible death of a conference versus just realignment.

At worst Utah and Colorado wouldn’t get in the PAC because Texas and Oklahoma were.

gogotwo
      Ute Fan
      @gogotwo

Sounds like UO and UW and trying to negotiation better offers from the B1G, right now they’re only getting partial shares for around $40MM/year.

UA to B12 is not finalized yet, work is the ABOR wants ASU and UA to still together and ASU’s president is not willing to jump ship as he values association with Stanford and Cal for academics more. If UA somehow stays, maybe it works, but the media deal still sucks

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Sounds like both Oregon and Washington are leaving the PAC 12 for the B1G. Be careful what you wish for, because you might get it…hard to imagine both those teams competing regularly versus the juggernauts at tOSU, UM, and PSU…

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

You know, the answer might be just to say F@$# college football and stick to the NFL. I can’t speak for anyone else, but the B1G, SEC, etc…are on crack if they think I’m going to watch their product if I don’t have a dog in the fight.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Should know a lot in the next hour