Site Issues

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Not sure if that gnarly storm has anything to do with it, but the site is having some loading/performance issues. I’m looking into it! GO UTES

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

database usage is at 250% of the server’s CPU capacity! Something is messed up or there’s a DDoS attack. I’ve switched the home page to the higher performance forum index page for now. It’s GAME MODE but just early!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

After hearing from my datacenter there was indeed a DDoS attack last night. I spent a lot of time on the other home page and it has a lot of bells and whistles, but the “game mode” home page loads way faster. So the question is should I leave it?

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

Thanks, Tony, for the info and your work into this and just in general for keeping the site up and running.

It was definitely loading slowly, and I did wonder if it was exactly what you are saying. There is no point in speculation on who, even though a Ute fans it’s easy to.

dleto
        Ute Fan
        @dleto

I’m way late replying, but I vote for how you’ve had it for years. I really like seeing all the posts w/o having to click on individual thread topics, even if the full thread do load slower. Thanks for all your work!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve gotten some suggestions from my hosting provider on a software package I can install on my dedicated server to defend against these attacks. I’ll get that installed this weekend.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Absolutely ridiculous that someone is DDoSing this board. F**kin Zoobs got nothing better to do?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Probably just Russian, Chinese, who knows…

TX_UTE
      Ute Fan
      @dleemiller

Thanks for being on top of this, Tony!

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Thanks, Tony for all you do!!!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Site Issues