Slow week

Viewing 6 reply threads
      4 1

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

I really wish they would stop scheduling games like this.  I know it is probably beneficial to the team to have some extra time to prepare for the better games, but these games are not very interesting.  Just look at the state of UteHub this week. Fans don’t care that much about these games.

I don’t know how the SEC does it.  TWO games like this in one season?  Brutal.

10 1

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Instead of having FBS teams play FCS teams during the regular season, they should allow FBS schools to play an FCS school at the end of spring camp instead of an intersquad game.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

I LOVE IT!!!  That is a GREAT idea!! Well done!

5 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I think it’s because BYU was the first game. There was so much buildup and then the following games are so lackluster…and BYU has run their mouths so much afterwards…

It’s been awful. I say no more BYU first game of the year. 

What I’d love is a solid G5 game 1. PAC-12 game #2. A good G5 or subpar P5 game #3. PAC-12 game 4. 

Bye week.

Then 3 conference games. Bye week. Two PAC-12 games. Then a FCS game. Then two PAC-12 games. 

Thats a perfect schedule. 

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Utah has played 2 decent G5 schools. Having an FCS now is almost like an extra BYE week. That’s not bad considering our next apponent is on the road against a dangerous USC team.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Week 1 was BYU which media raved about for weeks.

Week 2 was NIU.  A respectable G5 school (one of the better ones from that level) which at least gave us a competative game.

Week 3 – Meh.  

Really feel if we play an FCS school it should be first.

At least next week features one of our more challenging games.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I agree with Saban, he supports 10 conference games for P5 schools and P5s playing P5s. I think after the conference games, 1 G5 game should be allowed leaving 1 or 2 out-of-conference P5 opponents that can be played. If that was done, the inventory of P5 college football games would be greatly improved. The occurrence of undefeated teams would be rare and the value of a conference champion would increase.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Hail Sata…I mean Saban. He is absolutely correct on that.

Warrior Ute
        Ute Fan
        @warriorute

His scheduling definitely reflects his view:

– His additional P5 school is the perenial football power house, Duke. 

– Then a powerful 3-9 independent team from last year, New Mexico State.

– The team that finished 8th in conference USA, Southern Miss

– Then a week before the rivalry game weekend they take on the 2018 3-9 FCS juggernaut of The Wester Carolina Catamounts

Saban talks a big game.  He is in a powerful position to set an example by scheduling a home and home with a strong P5 school that would require his team to travel. It looks like going back a few years that the furthest west he has traveled in the regular season is to Lousiana.  Several of his losses were actually in New Orleans in the Post Season.  He talks about wanting to make a change.  He could drive change, but continues to schedule easy out of conference and avoids any significant travel.  We saw what happened when an Alabama team had to travel last year.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Being an example with millions on the line? Very doubtful Saban has that big of a heart.

Warrior Ute
            Ute Fan
            @warriorute

My point being he is one of the premiere if not the premiere coach and faces of college football.  If he wanted these changes to take place he could drive them by making the schedule changes.  His OOC schedule is weak compared to most P5 schools.  Stanford and USC have an ongoing home and home with Notre Dame, much more travel and a consistent program ompared to most of his P5 OOC games. This year’s Alabama OOC scheulde compared to ours, shows the weakness.  Throw out Duke because this just brings him to a similar 9 game P5 schedule like ours

ISU vs Western Carolina, Massey FCS ratings 22 vs 92

BYU vs Southern Miss, Massey 63 vs 99

NIU vs New Mexico State, Massey 90 vs 124

He is often heard voicing his opionion on others needing more difficult schedules but avoids any difficult OOC games for himself.  

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Yes I understand that. BUT like most people talk is cheaper than actually doing something about it.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yes I’ve been quite bored this week. Was going to post something similar.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I really wish they would stop scheduling games like this.  I know it is probably beneficial to the team to have some extra time to prepare for the better games, but these games are not very interesting.  Just look at the state of UteHub this week. Fans don’t care that much about these games.

I don’t know how the SEC does it.  TWO games like this in one season?  Brutal.

My response…It’s because the first 3 games were scheduled in reverse order this year, should have been Idaho St, NIU, then BYU.  

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Or G5 NIU and anyone else other than TDS.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.