Solo, Glover, Ja’Quinden, Tavion

Viewing 6 reply threads

utahby05
      Ute Fan
      @utahby05

I love Solomon Enis. He had a couple uncharacteristic drops, vs ASU last week. But, during his time at Utah, he’s been a solid contributor. He’s unselfish and is an outstanding blocking WR. 

So, I’m wondering if anyone knows why Solo was in street clothes yesterday. Injury? Being disciplined for some reason?

Jaylon Glover plays the 1st series at RB, then he doesn’t play again until, like 5 ish minutes, left in game… That is really strange. I realize he is young, but wondering if anyone knows why he sat so much of a tough game, where we needed help at the RB position. Did he miss a couple blocks? Run up the wrong hole? 

Ja’Quinden Jackson, unfortunately mishandled the wildcat snap. And I realize, he has only been a RB, for a week and a half. But, I was again, surprised that JJ didn’t get any RB carries, until last 5 ish minutes of game. I assume the Coaches, just don’t trust him at RB? Thoughts ? 

Let’s hope Tavion can re engage mentally and physically. We need him and he needs Utah Football. 

Go Utes!!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Vele and Dixon are my favorite guys. Money Parks is also my other favorite wideout. 

Bernard is 1 in my book. Most versatile. Most reliable and he can do it all. 
      I don’t get the problems with Glover either. Thomas I can totally understand. 
      That Jackson play can go in the trash. Line him up as a RB. Stop the wildcat stuff. 

utahby05
      Ute Fan
      @utahby05

I agree, Vele have Dixon are proven playmakers. And, Money is a capable playmaker. Just wondering why Solo, didn’t play. This since Solo is also a proven player.

I also love, M. Bernard. He’s one of my favorite Utes – period. But, we need help at the RB position. So, just curious why both Glover and Ja’Quinden barely even saw the field… Definitely need the run the ball more effectively, going forward.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

I read that solo had an ankle sprain. Don’t know if it was true.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

Just wild speculation, but the inconsistent RB usage may be intentional, in order to confuse future ranked opponents. It’s certainly been confusing to the viewers.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

This is an interesting theory. Any grounds for this, or pure speculation? I feel that Curry was separating himself as RB1, but had that unfortunate injury, so it’s back to square one. We genuinely don’t seem to have a #1 guy.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
          Ute Fan
          @alaskasteveutealum

Just speculation, but we’ll see in the next few weeks if it has any link to reality.

utahby05
      Ute Fan
      @utahby05

Ok, thanks. If true, that would make sense. Solo seems to be an excellent person and teammate. I can’t imagine him doing anything that would violate team rules, etc.. Hope he’s back next week!

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Tavion missed 2 practices and multiple meetings last week to go along with the other stuff the week before (and in the Summer). Solo had an ankle. Glover and JJ aren’t equal to Bernard in protection yet but are improving and will continue to get chances.

I personally think Bernard needs to touch it 15+ times with Brant out. He’s dynamic and can line up anywhere. Fingers crossed Tavion figures his stuff out because we need him but in this program if you don’t do the work you won’t be rewarded…period.

O-line needs to be better this week, JT needs to be better this week. Loved Clark on the slot with Zemiah outside. Think that’s our best lineup the next few weeks. Need to generate more pressure. Cam is really good man. Offense averaging 42 points through 5 games. Loved Vele yesterday and Diabate’s reps were critical moving forward as well.

RustyShackleford
          Ute Fan
          @shakyute13

I’m very concerned about JTB he got burned several times and the QB just missed the throw. Caleb Williams won’t miss those. Hope he can tighten up his coverage

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

he appears tentative on his breaks. not sure if he’s less than 100% or just not confident in his reads yet. remember, he’s only had the equivalent of one season of experience so far so perhaps it’s more “freshman” mistakes than ability/effort.

utahby05
      Ute Fan
      @utahby05

@Onlyu – Thanks for the info. Everything you said, makes sense.

And I am sure I can speak for most that frequent this board, when I say – we Appreciate your Insight. And, please Keep It Coming!

Go Utes !

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Solo, Glover, Ja’Quinden, Tavion