Someone explain why I even bother checking that ridiculous 60 in 60 ranking

Viewing 4 reply threads
      2 2

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

there are so many things that I could gripe about in regards to this… but I won’t, because I know it’s a waste of time, and it’s just pandering to BYU fans…. 

Try as I might to ignore it, it still rubs me the wrong way. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Because you’re a Utah fan and you keep hoping for some sanity from the local media (even though we are often disappointed).

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I only tune in to live broadcasts of Utah football or basketball.  So I don’t even know what this 60 thing is, other than people bitch about it every year.  I like my plan. Games only.  Works great.

1 4

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s just the opinions of some media members.

As for the list, we have more players on it(19) than anyone else and will end up with close to half of the top 60 players in the state, which will be quite a few more than either BYU or Utah State who currently have 13 & 14 respectively. Seems pretty spot on to me.  

Unpopular opinion, I know, but BYU and Utah State both have players who would start for Utah – today’s selection on the list, Butch Pau’u, being one of them.

2 2

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Butch Pau’u is almost as overrated as Jake Heaps or Tanner Mangum. He is a BYU myth. 

He wouldn’t start for us. He is very mediocre. Hell, he probably isn’t better than Barton. 

He looked really, really solid two years ago…with Warner and Bernard, two NFL LB’ers, playing beside him. Also, didn’t that defense also have Kaufusi and Langi and Nacua, three other NFL players? 

There is a reason why he sucked last year. The talent around him was gone. 

Then to have Pau’u ranked higher than Bernard? Fotu? Jaylon Johnson? And so on. 

And the hosts are embarrassed about tomorrow. What ridiculous pick do you think it is? Mangum? Nah. Probably not ranked high enough. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

BYU and Utah State do have players who would battle for starting spots at Utah – Khyris Tonga from BYU, Tarver and Raymond from Utah St. That’s probably it.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

You realize that Tonga left Utah because he was buried in the depth chart, right? He showed up to fall camp 20 lbs over weight. He would not start or play for us. That’s why he is at BYU. 

TheJuggernaut
            Ute Fan
            @thejuggernaut

One he wouldn’t be showing up 20 lbs overweight if he was still at Utah. Two “battle for a starting spot” is not the same as “would start”. He would absolutely be in the mix to play and possibly start.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Yeah, he would. Why do you think he is at BYU? He was originally at Utah. He couldn’t cut it, so he left. 

TheJuggernaut
                Ute Fan
                @thejuggernaut

The discussion isn’t why he left, it’s whether he’d be playing and competing for a starting spot were he at Utah, which he absolutely would.

Utah
                  Ute Fan
                  @utah

So, he was at Utah, he couldn’t break into the depth chart, so he transferred to BYU. 

And that shows he would compete to start here? 

I don’t see it. 

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

It’s fun. It gives people something to talk about in the summer. Pau’u ahead of those guys is insane, and Fotu is way too low. In general I think it’s pretty accurate but you get a few head scratchers for sure. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Someone explain why I even bother checking that ridiculous 60 in 60 ranking