Someone who watched the game, tell me about Nate Johnson’s fumbles

Viewing 5 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Box score says he fumbled 3 times. How did those fumbles happen? TIA.

GunthersRevenge
      Ute Fan
      @eldonbkimball

Fumbled on the qb run, which was recovered by UCLA.

Fumbled when he was blindsided in the pocket, but he was able to jump on it.

Fumbled when he was handing off to Glover, but was able to recover it near the end zone. Seems like he never had a good handle on the ball after taking the snap.

3 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Just saw some highlights that showed two of the fumbles. One was absolutely his fault (the one that he lost to UCLA). He needs to secure the ball better there. The other one was not his fault at all. The ball was snapped and he was pretty much immediately hit.

There were 3 times in the 3-minute highlight reel I saw that the offensive line let someone through immediately right up the middle. Both times the guy rocked Johnson before he could even react. One was a fumble that he recovered, the other was a sack. The offensive line has to be better than that.

1 1

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

The O line was bad today. Probably a good thing Rising didn’t come back. Not sure his knee would hold up

1 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The designed run fumble was a good play by fUCLA but he has to secure in that tight traffic. NJ looked very tight compared to the Weber game. Could really be the better competition. fUCLA is honestly the 3rd or 4th best defense Utah will face the rest of the way.

1 6

Lellie
      Ute Fan
      @uterific

Nate’s fumbles were far superior to Barnes fumbles. He definitely deserved the start.

4 1

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Nate has won 2 games and saved the Baylor game so that counts as 3 wins. Barnes won Florida but almost lost Baylor. I know what your point is here, but you’re wrong. Nate deserves the start

2 4

Lellie
          Ute Fan
          @uterific

Did I not say he deserved the start? He has fabulous ball control. Like none I’ve ever seen. I’m overwhelmed, I’m so impressed.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Maybe he has small hands.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

We just need smaller footballs.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Someone who watched the game, tell me about Nate Johnson’s fumbles