sooooo…

Viewing 2 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I guess we don’t have to worry about Troy Taylor stealing our recruits now?

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

No. We have to worry about the P2 schools stealing not only our recruits, but our current players. Especially once the P2 separate from the NCAA and create their own playoff.

krindor
        Ute Fan
        @krindor

There’s going to be more realignment in ~5 or 6 years, and certainly before that happens. For now we’re in a great spot and should be glad…but also know that anyone outside the Power 2 isn’t completely safe.

Best we can do for now is to keep playing well, building a brand and viewership and position ourselves to eventually be competitive for that when the time comes. Doesn’t hurt to have allies within the conference (in USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington) who have had good experience with Utah

W16Ute
          Ute Fan
          @w16ute

And a couple of really hard fought games against 3 other members of that conference Oh St, Penn St and Northwestern) that all seemingly have had good things to say about Utah and our fans.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Yeah. Randall knew Utah had a better chance in 5-6 if they kept the PAC together. If he’s trying to get to $1b in research it’s easier with access to Furd, Cal, and UW libraries. Maybe they can still share but being in separate conferences might make that more difficult.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Really, anyone inside the P2 (with the exception of maybe 6 teams) isn’t really safe either. Anyone think Vanderbilt is safe on their P2 perch for long?

The bottom line is, if you want to be a P2 school, you’re going to have to keep winning. I don’t think we fully appreciate the level of gratitude for what KW has done to keep us relevant. KW is the difference between what happened to us yesterday vs. what happened to Washington St.

Eventually I can see college football moving into a multi-tiered hierarchy with promotion and relegation, something like what the EPL does.

J Rocksville
      Ute Fan
      @jrocksville

We don’t usually compete with the premier schools anyway. Even the “p2” really only has maybe a dozen programs that consistently rank in the top ten. We’ve been able to get there by developing our own talent and culture, and that probably won’t change much.

I bet we see ourselves schedule non conference games in California as much as possible, and we’ll probably have a more difficult time with the premier west coast recruits, but we’ll have better access to Texas and the rest of the Midwest areas… Even Florida. Hopefully we’ll stay at the top of the big 12 until the next round of realignment.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.