“sources”

Viewing 3 reply threads

UtahFootballGM
      Ute Fan
      @uofusportsguy

the Pac held conversations with Ok State, Texas Tech, Kansas and UC this past week. Just sharing what I heard.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Interesting group

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

By “UC” do you mean Cincinnati? The Pac12 raiding the Big12 would actually be really funny. The meltdown in Provo would be pretty epic. 

1 19

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

ESPECIALLY if TDS is not invited to the PAC (although, I know this will be unpopular but I’d actually not mind them being in the same conference again).

UtesRule
          Ute Fan
          @utesrule

Only 5 thumbs down? I was expecting double digits.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

The day isn’t over yet

UtesRule
              Ute Fan
              @utesrule

Just hit 10!!! Woohoo!

Waybackutefan
                Ute Fan
                @waybackutefan

Fans of both teams invest way to much emotional capital in the demise of the other team.

our attitude should be one of indifference.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Eat or be eaten, its a war of survival.   Not sure why Kansas is not on the list.   KU has a problematic football program (though they’ve beaten Texas the last few years) but is the flagship basketball program in the conference.  Maybe Pac-12 thinks/knows KU is on BigTen’s radar?

RedRockUte
          Ute Fan
          @redrockute

KU is AAU, so yeah.  They would be down the line though, hopefully after Utah.

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

Kansas is on the OP’s list.

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Okla St, Tx Tech, Kan, and Cincy are all Tier-1 research institutions — which has long been a requirement for Pac-12 membership. But that said…

1.  Cincinnati?  Too far.  Pass.

2.  Okla St & Tx Tech?  I could live with that.  But not Kan.  Expansion is, has always been, and will always be, a “football” decision, and the Jayhawks suck!

3.  Now that the L.A. schools are leaving, it might be prudent for the Pac-12 to recognize that we can’t be as “choosy” as we’ve been able to have been in the past.  We can’t afford to lose any more schools, so perhaps we could consider some top tier institutions that AREN’T Tier-1.  Like TCU and Bylr.  If we were to grab TT, TCU, BU, and OSU from the Big 12, we could cripple them down to “midmajor” status.  If we don’t, you can be sure they’re aiming to do that to us.  Better them than us.

And FWIW, Houston is a Tier-1 research institution too.  Iowa St is an AAU school.  They may not bring a large television market, but they have been providing a fairly decent football program as of late.  Both should be acceptable replacement teams should one or two of the aformentioned Big 12 “four” opt not to come.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

who is the “us” you are referring to? Any speculation of Pac teams going to the Big 12, merger of the Pac and Big 12, or bringing teams from the Big 12 to the Pac all include Utah. I’ve yet to see a prediction which would leave Utah in the cold.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

UC = University of Colorado.  A much more valuable asset than Cincy.  

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Not sure why the PAC would need to speak to Colorado…

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

Should be “CU”.

RedRockUte
      Ute Fan
      @redrockute

Interesting. That would mean a Pac-14. I’m sure lots of different scenarios are being lookied at, revenue wise. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football “sources”