Speaking of Covey

Viewing 4 reply threads
      1 1

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

The guy is incredible at making people miss, but I am curious as to his actual speed as measured at a place like the NFL combine. Is Covey extremely fast (i.e., fastest on the team fast), or is he really fast (i.e., among the faster players on the team) and has great shiftiness. I have never seen a 40 or 100 meter time for him.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I think his speed is above normal but his ability to make people miss to me seems like he takes the best angle. He understands the limitations of defenders and can manipulate his body in such a way that people can’t keep up with his cut.

Reminds me of Donovan Mitchell he is obviously really gifted athletically. Speed wise and everything he is amazing but his body control in air and everything is just other worldly. 

3 1

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Based on watching him play he is probably around a 4.5 40.  But the dude can cut on a dime and that is what makes him so difficult to tackle.

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Yup…lateral quickness and the ability to read the defenders.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

I think he’s sub 4.5.  Hunter Renfrow from Clemson reminded me a lot of Covey if you’re looking for a player comparison.  Covey is shorter and more athletic though.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

May be somewhere between 4.4 and 4.5 but with his shortness and ability to read defenses like a QB he makes tacklers look like fools sometimes.

bombastic
      Ute Fan
      @bombastic

They measured him his freshman year. He was sub 4.4. That was fastest on the team.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I doubt he’s that fast at this moment in time. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Speaking of Covey