Spring Scrimmages

Viewing 1 reply thread

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

Can anyone provide the date/times/locations of the spring scrimmages (other than the red-white game)?

My favorite part of spring is these scrimmages. They are usually in RES with a couple hundred people attending – spread out. There should be no COVID concerns (and I am one of those lefty mask wearers). These scrimmages are much more fun and informative than the red-white game.

They usually publish the practice and scrimmage times in the spring press release, but I can’t find them. I can understand if they want to close the practice field practices where everyone is pressed up against the fence, but RES should pose no issues.

Feel free to DM me, if publishing is an issue. Would love to make it up to RES on the 3rd or 10th.

UTman
      Ute Fan
      @utman

I don’t think scrimmages at RES are going to happen as RES is a construction zone at the moment. The south portion of the field has been removed to allow construction vehicles access to the new south end zone.

kazute
        Ute Fan
        @kazute

Thanks. That makes sense. Even if they were to clear off the field, they likely don’t want a bunch of folks wandering around a construction site. Wonder what they will do for the red/white game.

If anyone has secret locations and times that they want to share, I would be totally unobtrusive.

Just trying to get my spring fix.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

If they even do a Red/White game, I bet it will take place at the practice field or indoor field and be televised with no fans allowed to attend. 

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

We missed the spring game last year and that was enough.  I have always enjoyed  the small fix of football.  I remember the old days when the game was the varsity team against former players.  It was a brutal fight and could never be insured in this day and age.  After the game the winners ate stakes at a stadium BBQ and the loosers ate hot dogs.  After that, I remember the McBride years where 30 fans stood along a chain link fense at the pratice field and the players spent an hour with my kids after the game with no hurry to move on after.  I do enjoy seeing the players that are new or buried on the depth chart.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Spring Scrimmages