The committee got it right

Viewing 5 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Alabama vs Oklahoma

Clemson vs Notre Dame

I don’t see how anyone could argue that. I’m an Ohio State fan, grew up there. BUT, Oklahoma lost by three to a ranked Texas team in Dallas vs Ohio State being blown off the field by Purdue. It’s nick picky, but it is what you’ve got to do if you give ND an exception. 

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

OU avenged their loss to Texas yesterday with a pretty convincing win. I think that looked really good for them.

As far as anyone saying Georgia should be in, Georgia is a better team than OU and tOSU, etc. Georgia’s play-in game was yesterday and they lost. Part of me would have loved to see the chaos that resulted from GA getting in at #4 above two 1-loss conference champions. I think it would have forced the 8 team playoff conversation. But, alas, the CFP committee keeping GA out kicks that conversation down the road a little more.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Ohio st vs Washington is easier for me to cheer for the Buckeyes instead of The Khakis. 

I hope Urban drops 90 on them. 

tarheelute
        Ute Fan
        @tarheelute

I understand the sentiment.  However, Friday’s game, for me at least, is old news.  I’ll be rooting for UW in the Rose Bowl.  I’ll be rooting for all the PAC-12 teams, even ASU and OR.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

At this point it is like post apocalyptic world Survival. If I saw any PAC12 schools around I would club them and eat them. Perception of the conference won’t change until Larry Scott is fired. Utah will win per usual and the other schools will choke like they always do. But I want Washington to lose. I want their fans to lose. Petty and pathetic as it sounds I don’t like them. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Oh and as far as the CFP matchup. Clemson and Bama will win. I think Bama embarrasses OU. You will never get me to respect the Big12 because I watch their defense and they suck. 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

It I an absurd travesty that the 2 best teams in the SEC over much of the last decade (UGA and Bama) only play each other twice in 6-8 years with crossover games. Such a complete joke.  (Bama has a permanent crossover game with Tenn, and rotates 1 other team from SEC East each year).

I enjoy the 9-game conference season but it comes at an enormous price for the PAC-12 and Big 10. The PAC has the strongest crossover (whoever they are) teams playing 4 out of each 6 years. Good for continuity between old rivalries, but very obviously keeps teams out of the CFP and NY6 games, where the real extra money flows in.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Agree. Bama will run and pass with ease. Bama controls the ball minimizes OU getting score producing offensive drives.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The committee got it right