The Ducks are going to try and air it out

Viewing 5 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Oregon has made their living running the ball this season. However, on 11/20 in SLC, their leading rusher only had 35 yards. There’s no way Oregon is coming into this game with the plan of hammering/establishing the line of scrimmage when they failed so miserably against us just two weeks before. In the Oregon/OregonSt game last Saturday, Anthony Brown was a very efficient 23/28 for 275 and 2 TDs — including a long bomb to Devon Williams. A bomb to Williams was also the only score they had against us two weeks ago. I fully expect Oregon to try and build on confidence gained in the passing game and come out slinging against our young defense and hope for big chunks and/or penalties.
      A reason for optimism on Utah’s side is the sustainability of what worked offensively against Oregon in a 38-7 win just two weeks ago. Outside of the punt return, all other scores came from 10 yards or closer. Utah didn’t score on fluke plays, gimmicks, broken coverages or turnovers. Utah just punched Oregon in the mouth, executed the game plan, and marched the ball into the end zone when close enough. This is a sustainable formula that can be replicated with similar execution, and doesn’t require Utah to go outside of their identity. I do, however, expect Oregon to be a little more stout up front defensively, which will put a little more on Cam/TE/WR’s shoulders.
      As mentioned above, I expect Oregon to try and go outside of their identity and use their offensive outside speed/talent to flip the script. Christobal has continuously mentioned Utah’s “size, toughness, physicality” this week, but he has yet to say anything about Utah’s speed as being an attribute. This is a facet of the game where Oregon thinks they have an advantage.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

The three TE sets caused Oregon pain last time we played. Hope they don’t figure out how to defend it. You’re also spot on, Utah was able to sustain drives and grind out yards. It’s a very promising formula heading into Friday.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

There’s no way to stop it, they can only contain it. 😉

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Good Luck. Brown is inconsistent at best. I think they stick to the same plan.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Yeah. I think they go back to the run. They abandoned it too early last time. Even down 14-0 they should have been running more.

Dallas
          Ute Fan
          @dallas

somehow they overlooked us and weren’t prepared mentally when they played us in RES. That’s not gonna happen this time. I’m worried they’re gonna be unusually hyped. I have terrible memories of our O line getting pushed around in 2019 when they were supposed to be so good.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Agreed, they abandoned the run way too early last game. They only gave Travis Dye 6 carries. They’ll come out and try to get Dye going early this time IMO.

Crazyforu
      Ute Fan
      @crazyforu

And if they do that, IMO that works right into Utah’s hands. Oregon is down a lot of talent at WR, so it isn’t as though they have Drake London. That is where Utah’s win a couple weeks ago is so important, they completely took away what Oregon is good at, and it wasn’t a bunch of fluke plays (fumbles, batted balls, bad bounces), it was in the trenches. Not saying it is a guarantee Utah wins, I do believe that things bode well for Utah though.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

If they air it out, Utah will win. That QB will make mistakes. A defense better than OSU’s will punish them.

UTEopia
      Ute Fan
      @uteopia

I watched Brown is different the last few games than the prior games. It appears that he has some sort of lower body injury impacting his running ability.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The Ducks are going to try and air it out