The good old days

Viewing 4 reply threads
      7 6

richbarndoc
      Ute Fan
      @doctorb

So let me make sure I understand the situation.  The Utes can very possibly have a 10 win season and it’s all because of a lousy coaching staff, a substandard head coach, a suddenly crappy quarterback and a group of wide receivers that couldn’t find their way out of a paper bag if it was open. Not to mention a place kicker that apparently couldn’t make his high school JV squad on a bet, if I’m to believe what I read.  Where can I sign up to watch and enjoy this level on ineptitude? 

4 2

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

We’ve been P5 for 10+ years and have choked away multiple CFP opportunities after winning two BCS bowls in the 2000s. I’m done with the “well let’s just be happy we’re not 5-7 anymore” banners. We’re justified to expect better than just winning seasons.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Props to Nix, he basically seized the moment unable to run making some big time throws completely out playing Rising as a leader in an ugly game. Let’s be clear about expectations, the team, coaches, and media spew out expectations before the season, fans react. All I heard from the coaches, team, and media before the season about goals was CFP and P12 Championship. Utah was picked to win the P12 before the season from almost all the media and coaches. Kuithe said in so many words a couple weeks back in an interview with Riley, there’s nothing to play for if Utah is not in the P12 Championship game. Ball didn’t bounce Utah’s way this year, expectations not met in a couple games Rising did not perform well. Team moves on to beating down CU and some meaningless bowl game I doubt CPIII, Kincaid, and maybe Rising don’t play in. Next man up, go Utes!

1 1

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

The kicker is no joke man. We’ve been brutal at kicking all year. Kickoffs to the 10 yard line, missed field goals last night. It’s crazy. 

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I really wish someone would do a scientific study to determine how many points Utah has left on the table this year because of its subpar kicking game. I think the results would be shocking. That study would not only encompass missed FGs but also situations where Utah has gone for it on 4th down with unsuccessful results because of a lack of confidence in the FG kicker.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Agree to a point, but I also remember when the Utes had Matt Gay and Automatic Andy and fans would complain that KWhitt would go ultra-conservative inside the 35 because he knew he had 3 points in the bag he didn’t want to lose.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Honestly, if I’m CP3 and Kincaid, I’d be putting my pads back in the stall and start getting prepped for the draft. Both of those guys are projected to be late 1st RD/early 2nd RD draft picks and there’s nothing further that they can do in a Utah uniform to help themselves. Rising is in a totally different situation. At this point, he’s not even projected as a late draft pick and really needs to do everything he can to help himself. The last few weeks have provided a tremendous amount of bad tape that can’t be erased by snapping your fingers. That means he’s got to ball out in Colorado and the bowl game if he has any NFL aspirations.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The good old days