The recruit who will make the most difference.

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This is pure speculation on my part, but I really like Hunter Andrews. He is an all-around good athlete like Kuithe, Weddle, Lloyd, etc. He averaged over 9 yards per carry as a Texas HS running back. He is projected to play LB for Utah or maybe tight end or defensive end.

He reminds me of what Kuithe was in HS. He may not play a lot next season as a true freshman because he will be learning a new position and putting on strength and weight. But, I suspect he will be an all-conference caliber player in a few years.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

And if we need a backup RB for injuries …

Utah#1
        Ute Fan
        @utebig12nattychamps

I have seen his film as RB, and even though its high school video, the kid is fast and has good break away speed. He reminds me of a white Jaquitan Jackson with more break away speed. Go UTES!

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

We have 8 spots left to use in the portal still but Jelani Davis, Z Williams, Washington, H Andrews and Ellis are on my list. Ellis would have been a starter at Corner Canyon…Very underrated at Layton Christian but will develop very well.

I’m also big fans of both Garcia and Wilson…Davis and Kash too.

Smaller HS class but most will get bumped and it will end up being the 2nd highest average player rating ever, imo.

Many out there saying we took a step back because of sheer numbers but imo we added a bunch of high floor guys to g along with back to back amazing recruiting classes the past two years. Utah did very well this year and combined with a top 20 transfer portal class, I think this will be our 2nd best group ever.

Excited to see the portal adds in the next few months but very happy filling positions of need today.

ProudUte
            Ute Fan
            @proudute

Thanks, OnlyU for your synopsis. I always appreciate your posts.

Do you think Kuithe will stay?

Onlyu
              Ute Fan
              @uf8fl

At this point I do. He just doesn’t have recent film so it would be tough for him to try the NFL today. If he comes back and has a solid year it could be a huge difference in income/opportunity if he was able to prove he was healthy.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The recruit who will make the most difference.