This Bernard news has put me over the top.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      10 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Up until this latest news, I kept thinking we got this. I figured the injured players would eventually come back and we would be at full strength by conference play. I am not sure why this hit me so hard.

On offense we could be missing QB1, QB2, RB1, RB2, RB4, Center and TE1.

On defense, we could be missing 3 D linemen and our all-conference LB.

We may have to be very creative this Saturday. I remember in the 2003 season, all of our running backs were injured. Meyer put Ben Moa in at RB against AFA. We won in OT. Maybe Nate Johnson will be doing a lot of wildcat.

In the end – it’s just football, so I need to lighten up. 🙂

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

That’s why you build depth. Utes’ll be fine!

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

As the great coach says, Next Man Up!!!

2 2

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Bernard is nice to have but not necessary. Now it’s time to find out if glove has learned how to stay on his feet

17 1

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

Disagree, I think Bernard is our most dynamic back. It is a big loss, but I still believe the Utes will be fine. 

11 1

DrahtUte
          Ute Fan
          @drahtute

Agreed – I think Bernard is one of our more under appreciated players. Someone will step up though.

2 1

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

Bernard earned he’s spot , but there is more talent behind him.

2 2

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

IOW, you don’t disagree with me, you just don’t know what necessary means.

A necessary condition is something that must happen in order for something else to happen. If the necessary thing does not happen, the other thing cannot happen. Bernard is a nice piece. He helps our team. He might be a sufficient condition to success, but he isn’t a necessary one. We can be good without him, we can (I believe) run the ball without him, we can pass without him. He is not necessary for the success of the team.

I didn’t say he wasn’t a big loss. I didn’t say he wasn’t our most dynamic back.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Agree. It’s Bernard then all the rest. Nobody else strikes me as a legit RB1 yet but I have high hopes for Glover. JJ has had his moments but not the consistency of Bernard and he doesn’t run behind his pads the way i’d like to see from someone his size.

2 4

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utah’s strength and conditioning is usually really solid. Curious exactly what changes resulted in this many injuries.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Not sure why you posted this here. His injury had nothing to do with anything the team did (assuming those who poster here are correct). It was a non-football injury.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This Bernard news has put me over the top.