f**k

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

NO

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

im having a hard time seeing any other outcome. Oregon and UW would be out soon after and the Pac will be dead. Utahs best option at that point would likely be joining the big 12, who would definitely have us

HoosierUte
          Ute Fan
          @hoosierute

Where are Oregon and UW going to go? The B10 is going to have to jettison some members if they keep it up. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

College sports is pretty much dead anyways. Paid players is the right thing to do but there are a lot of wrongs found lurking under the surface. 
      Having the PAC essentially dissolve is disgusting. 

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Bring back Larry Scott!

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

College football is going to be the P2 and everyone else.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

especially with whats going on with any non premier broadcast, from a quality perspective, by ESPN. I might just have to go back to being a full time NBA/basketball fan

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Yeah. My passion for college football has waned the last couple of years. I’ll probably start caring more for the NFL.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Ty Jordan and Aaron Lowe made this past season far more interesting than just the Rose Bowl trip.
            My perspective on a lot of things has changed. I don’t begrudge the kids making money on these deals. It feels like I am when I say I miss the way it was.

I guess I hate the amount of money the top is making relative to these kids. It is also feels like a business model that won’t last.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

I agree, Eagle. Something will have to give. As of right now, I see two power conferences that are basically going to be pro football. The rest of the teams will have to come up with some other league. The two power conferences will poach the best players from those schools with huge payouts as we have seen this off season. If this scenario plays out, I don’t think I’ll be interested in college football going forward. Good for the kids making money and playing where they want to play. I just will not be interested in that. I’ll watch the NFL instead. My Bills should be pretty good for the next 10 or so years anyway.

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

I thought usc made enough money in research projects versus sports that this was unlikely?? This blows and I hope to heaven that either the Pac-12 does something to stay relevant or that we join the big xii, or pray to God that the big ten throws us a line in some unlikely way

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

USC and UCLA are members of the exclusive research university club (AAU).   As is Utah, recently.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

May end up with Boise State and UNLV, maybe U-Nevada, actually, but Pac-12 will probably stick to its research focus, so not sure.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Anything is possible right now.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Not a chance. The PAC12 will poach 4 teams from the Big 12, effectively killing that conference.

Utah makes so much money off the PAC12’s research connections that we will never leave a research-based conference, and BYU-Provo Campus will never be allowed into a research-based conference, so….

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

If UW and Oregon stay, this is exactly what will happen. 

If UW and Oregon go, then my guess is Stanford and Cal go as well. Then the B12 has the upper hand and will poach the P12. My guess in that scenario is Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and ArIzona State.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Research focus and AAU membership make joining the Big 12 unlikely. We are not going to join a conference with a bunch of truck driving schools period. The Board of Regents simply won’t allow it.

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

They will when the alternative is the MWC.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 This is going to land us back in a conference with byu