Tidbits from Denver RE: CU

Viewing 3 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I heard yesterday on the news, CU has sold out the rest of their games. No big deal right? Well this is the first time CU has ever sold out their stadium for an entire year.

Joel Klatt, a CU alum, on sports radio this morning commented that CSU was the better team for the majority of the game, and did not think CU would win. He likes the fact CU is doing well, however he didn’t seem to think they’ll do well the rest of the year.

They discussed the gritty game and Joel said both coaches should have dialed it back, not sure what you know, Jay Norvell mentioned something about taking off your hat and sun glasses when addressing the media/adults. Prime took issue, thus why everyone and their dog was wearing sunglasses and hats at the game. Norvell basically said CSU has a good team too and took issue with CU getting all the hype.

Klatt said with Fox onsite, GameDay onsite, plus all the celebrities coming out of the woodwork it was a recipe for disaster. Regarding the hit on Travis Hunter none thought is was egregious, however Klatt said there is no governing body to suspend that player for a game, so nothing will come of it and those types of plays will continue. Penalty flag but no suspensions, etc. Mark “Stink” Schlereff said it was similar to what he used to do late in plays as an OL, he’d sometimes clear players off the pile if he didn’t like them. Klatt mentioned he had a $500 bounty put on his head by a Miami booster and that player “collected.” He was knocked out of a game vs Miami. (College not pros)

They also discussed how CU’s lines were exposed by CSU and they think they’ll be further exploited in the upcoming games. I’m sure Buffs fans didn’t like that segment.

The hosts were joking that CU owes Joel NIL reparations for his time there. He laughed, but didn’t entertain the topic.

This is not sustainable. And I think former CU players are cautiously optimistic. Oregon, USC, UCLA will make good on knocking CU down a peg or two. They don’t play Washington and I fear by the time they play Utah, they’ll be on borrowed time.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Excellent summary. I concur with your comment regarding the 25 November meeting between the Buffs and Utah. By that game, every weakness that Colorado has will have been exposed and exploited a number of times and Utah will make sure to take advantage. I also have to wonder how many frontline players the Buffs will be missing given the inevitable injuries that are sure to happen.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Klatt was not a good enough player for Miami to put a hit on him! No way that happened anywhere but in his mind.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Rick, are you joking? Klatt and Kordell Stewart are probably the two best QBs that ever played at Colorado. When he left Boulder, he had a number of career passing records at the school.

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @rickyrules

LOL! Those are two very unimpressive QBs you just named there. You proved my point.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Rick, I’ll just leave this link to said play here. You decide for yourself.

Klatt gets launched

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Meh, it looks worse that it is because, for some reason, Klatt left his feet.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

The Ducks by 35
      USC by 40
      The party is over in Boulder

CU defense is horrible. There Oline in hot garbage. They have no depth.
      3-6 in conference play

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

5 game improvement year over year sounds like what most fanbases would sign up for

AZUTE
          Ute Fan
          @azute

No doubt. Going from 1-11 to 6-6 and a bowl game is very respectable for Neon.

Right now people are treating them as world beaters which they are not and will get a massive dose of reality starting this weekend.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

I don’t think they are world beaters but it has been nice to have something different to talk about. Without Sanders, the only national offseason topics would have been:

1. Caleb “did you know that he won the heisman last year” Williams and USC
            2. Which SEC or BIG team was most likely to win it all, again
            3. Conference realignment and the new CFP format.

Urinalists are as lazy as the rest of us and Colorado has been an easy story to write so far. And it is amusing to see the same talking heads that were convinced he would fail jumping on the bandwagon. They just don’t know how to handle it when the story is leading them instead of the other way around.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tidbits from Denver RE: CU