Time to make a STATEMENT!

Viewing 4 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Utah needs to ‘dump truck’ Stanford Saturday. A lot of EYEBALLS are going to be on this game because of Heisman front-runner Love. If Utah goes out there with the lead and begins to play PREVENT OFFENSE letting ‘Furd keep it close or gasp… Win the game, then all you’re gonna hear is Utah didn’t play anybody and “they are who we thought they were”. TCU crushed a team somewhat like Stanford in Arkansas and jumped high into the rankings. Some don’t seem to understand that “style points” play into perception and this game needs to be a STATEMENT game. Check out Jon Wilner’s Pac-12 Hotline Mercury News article, what he says about Utah is spot-on and a little frustrating. Labeled ‘Saturday Night Five’. 

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Win first, style points are a bonus.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

False Utah plays at 10pm eastern. This was the highlight game of the week and the PAC12 put it AFTER DARK. So it means nothing for statement game to the media for rankings. 

TCU beat OKie state when people were less drunk and watching. ACTUALLY watching teams helps. Just like WSU I’m friday beating them on a Friday night doesn’t matter. 

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Agreed. Sadly, nobody on the east coast  will be watching this game. 

But that doesn’t change anything. We need to win and win decisively. I’m confident, we match up well with Stanford. I believe that either Huntley or Williams can get us the win. I’m actually concerned about the d line and LBers containing/limiting Bryce Love to just an “average” college game. I don’t expect Stanford to beat us through the air. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Yup. This will be a box score decides the ranking game. 

If it’s a blowout win, the winner is ranked, the loser is not. 

If it’s a close game, loser is ranked 24-27 depending on other games. Winner is 15-20. 

AlohaUte
            Ute Fan
            @alohaute

What? We’re already ranked.

So you think that if we beat Stanford in a close ugly win, we’ll drop from #20 to #24-27? That’s just crazy.

2 1

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

I guess I must be one of the few who doesn’t even give a damn about the rankings until after about 9 games have been played by a team. Let the cream rise to the top.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Honestly, it’s good for one thing: recruiting. I’m sure if a kid is picking between Cal and Utah, it must be nice to wear the hat of the ranked team around school. But, I’ve never been a kid worthy of a P5 offer, so what do I know. 

I like it to lord over my BYU loving in-laws and Oregon/OSU neighbors. Ha ha. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Whitt makes a nice bonus to each week he is in I believe. 

That doesn’t really help me in anyway. The rankings are bulls**t anyways and I agree until week 7-8 we don’t know what teams are really like. 

I did watch some ESPN and they were flaunting the FPI or whatever. That stuff is a load of s**t. 

4 2

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Much as I’d love a big win, we just aren’t that good. I watched the clipped versions of our games. The holding, long snapping and run game are liabilities. Troy is good but his usual .500 self. Usually all of those are locked down. Any one of them could mean a loss in a close game. We just aren’t explosive and Stanford has a better defensive backfield than anyone we’ve played. Our first four opponents are the weakest teams on the schedule. All the South is beatable, but by us? I think we bowl but with Huntley, Fitts and others dinged what is our secret weapon?

Happy Monday yall

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

I swear, our fan base. It’s like we just can’t accept the fact that we have a solid to great program. Every team in CFB is majorly flawed except for about 5 or 6 teams. We have a great defense, great special teams, and the best offense we’ve had in a decade. Yes, we commit way too many penalties and our run game is lacking, but good gravy, can’t we enjoy and appreciate what we get to experience and witness? We are most definitely worthy of being in the top-25 at this point in the season and are legit contenders for the Pac-12 South. How is that just not being very good?

1 1

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

When Alex Whittingham bounces another long snap off the facemask of the wall on a punt on our goal line, you’re going to remember my post. In case you haven’t noticed, we have played close vs. Three very bad teams and a fourth that will be 11th in the PAC. Our cracks that showed so far are about to get pressure tested. Really hope that things magically change but betting on one’s hopes is generally as bad as voting for an appalling candidate because one hopes he might grow into the job.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Time to make a STATEMENT!