Transfer Portal

Viewing 3 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Hoping we are still going after some of the high talent showing up in the portal. I realize our class is full but if we had a shot at a high 4* or even a 5* dude, I’d like to think we would gray shirt someone to make room.

With that said, here’s my wish list:

Henry To’oTo’o – 4* LB
      Elias Ricks – 5* DB (rumored to be entering portal)
      Palaie Gaoteote IV – 5* LB

@OnlyU – so excited about this class and the huge pickups from the portal…any chance we have some portal magic left?

3 2

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

It seems like we’re pretty stacked at LB. I’m still not convinced we have a great RB so it would be sweet to get someone like Ricks.

Either way I think we will be watching some GOOD football for the next few years.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I don’t think we’re actively looking for a RB or a LB at this point but I do expect some roster movement prior to Spring ball. I thought we had reached the 25 man initial limit so a push forward to next Fall’s class or some other bit of creativity would have been necessary but I’m hearing we might have a spot available still in this class. …I don’t think we’re quite done yet.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Good to know, thanks! I realize we aren’t in need of a LB or DB right now. I was just curious if some incredible talent becomes available (like a Henry To’oTo’o) if we don’t take our best shot at upgrading our roster & depth? It seems that schools like Bama, Ohio St, Oregon etc all are positioning for these guys and I would think their spots are all taken as well?

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

To’o To’o… I assume there’d be some creative roster movement if he wanted to come aboard…

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

Nice list! I would add the likes of jeremiah Holloman and Rodrick Fisher who both stated their interest in the Pac-12, specially Utah; and also Charles Njoku from UCLA, who according to some bodies, was spotted roaming around the U campus.. One of these 3 would be a great addition to the WR corps.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Transfer Portal