Utah 2024 Football

Viewing 1 reply thread

UTEopia
      Ute Fan
      @uteopia

I consider the bowl game tomorrow to be the start of the 2024 season. I took a look at the projected 2024 roster as it currently sits although I know there will be some more subtractions and additions.

Utah has 77 scholarship players. Of those, 21 are seniors and 17 are juniors. Due to covid, some from the senior class might have an additional year of eligibility. However, Utah returns a veteran bunch. The Utes return 3 of 5 starting OL and 2 players who either started or played significant snaps due to injuries. They return an All-Pac starting QB, an All-Pac TE and a deep RB group. For the offense to become formidable, they need some help at WR.

On defense the Utes return the 2 deep at every position along the DL and at LB. They return one starting CB, picked up a highly rated transfer from Ga. Tech and have some young guys who played a significant number of snaps.

The real question mark is safety. They will start 2 freshmen in the Vegas Bowl (Ritchie and Hall). They signed a JUCO and a freshman safety, but could really use a a couple of more guys.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Ritchie is still a freshman? That can’t be right. The dude has played about six seasons so far.

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

Covid year-Mormon excursion-freshmen

Anfernee
          Ute Fan
          @anfernee

*Freshman but Freshmen isn’t all that bad 😉

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Ritchie still has a redshirt year available to him as he played too many games this year so as far as eligibility goes, he will be a true sophomore in 2024. Sione Fotu has the same status.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah 2024 Football