Utah Men’s Basketball

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Utah crushed Montana Tech, 95-45.

Just glad to see a few fans did not annoint Utah to be a Sweet 16 contender after this lopsided win. 🙂

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Well, that’s promising. I read somewhere that this team is likely a NIT team, agree or disagree?

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Preliminarily, I’d agree.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Nope, no way is this team a Sweet 16 contender. They’re a Final 4 contender. 😉

My feelings from watching them in front of literally tens and tens of fans yesterday is, this team seems very similar to last year’s. I expect them to do about the same. They’re athletic at positions 2 through 4 and will be entertaining to watch, but turnovers and rebounding will continue to be the cross they bear. I also don’t hold out much hope for the end of close games – I don’t see a leader or a go-to guy just yet. Keep in mind that Kuzma, who was the leader and go-to guy last year, was dreadful on final possessions, so I don’t really forecast much change.

Nevertheless, I’m really excited for bball season! Go Utes!

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

Hard to take too much away from a game like this, but it appears our best rebounders will come off the bench with Tillman and Seeley. Barefield looked good, and if anyone is to become a go-to guy down the stretch it’s him, but hard to tell until the competition improves.

Anonymous
          Ute Fan
          @anonymous

Yup…exactly my point (e.g. football team).

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Why, was there a certain fan base that’s in Utah (Provo to be exact) with already ridiculous expectations? Is a Sweet 16 already, “in the bag” because they destroyed Directional Alaska Tech? Hilarious.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Utah Men’s Basketball