Utah plays in the conference championship if this happens.

Viewing 6 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I am not trying to suggest that it is going to happen, but here is what would get us in the championship game.

USC beats UW
      Utah wins out including at UW
      Oregon wins out including USC and OSU

If these things happen, we would go back to Vegas. The only problem is that we would play Oregon again.

That being said, with yet another key injury today – it will be VERY difficult for us to win out.

Regardless – Go Utes!!!

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Been Saying this for weeks. Also, UW is very beatable.

4 1

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

My aunt is my uncle if she grows a beard

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

If my grandmother had wheels, she’d be a bicycle.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Personally, I’d love to see a USC vs Utah rematch in the CCG. It’s possible if USC wins out and we get help from Oregon State.

3 1

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Delusional .. offense is too hammered with injuries .. Oregon would wipe us again if we’d face them again .. Nix is very good, ball was outa his hands before the D knew what was up , they’re firing on all cylinders right now .. 8 -9 win team is respectable and that’s overachieving with what this team has had to face .. very happy with the bounce back and just enjoying the rest of the season without any expectations

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

there are multiple path(s). Oregon is the team I don’t want to see again.

Utah beats UW/Ariz/Col
      SC beats Oregon
      UW beats Oregon State
      Oregon State beats Oregon
      UCLA beats USC

those results would have Utah playing the winner of tonight’s UW/SC game. Hate to say it but I’m an SC fan for the first time in my life, but for 4 hours only. Even if they lose but rough up an already hurt Penix, it makes Utah’s life easier. Heck, SC can win out and 7-2 Utah will just steal their lunch money again in the CCG.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Yep, I’d like to avoid Oregon IF we get to that point. I have a feeling USC wins today.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Of all teams that still have a chance to make the CCG (not including Zona), USC is the one I have no problem playing again.

HPrete22
      Ute Fan
      @hprete22

if uw wins tonight but loses to us and oregon state, and then oregon state and usc lose to oregon, then we would make it back to vegas. i’m sorry but i refuse to root for u$c

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

The problem with that scenario is that we would have to play Oregon in the CCG. Of all the teams in the PAC, Oregon is the one that gives Utah the most match-up problems. It’s really hard for me to see a pathway where a CCG with Oregon doesn’t end like (or even worse) than the game last Saturday at Rice-Eccles.

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

Miami, I’d rather avoid UO too, but UO in the P12 CCG is a forgone conclusion at this point.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Sal, do you remember last year on the Game Chat? We were talking about Utah vs Colorado and the Oregon vs Oregon State was going on at the same time. Well, until 15 minutes left in that game, Oregon’s participation in the CCG vs USC was a foregone conclusion. The takeaway is that we don’t know what’s going to happen in the future. What about if Nix suffers a season ending injury in Oregon’s next game? That would certainly change your perspective, wouldn’t it? Let’s wait and see what happens.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

The picture got clearer. UCLA is eliminated. Arizona, Oregon State, USC and Utah all have 2 losses. Washington is in unless they lose 2 of the last 3.

Games that matter this week:

Utah has to beat UW
      USC over Oregon would be very helpful
      Arizona and Oregon State on upset alert against Stanford and Colorado

Oregon, Oregon State and UW all control their own destiny’s.

Assuming Utah wins out, here are the simplest paths to the CCG:
      Oregon wins out: Utah needs UW to lose 2 of 3 to get in
      Oregon State wins out: SC beats Oregon, Utah in. Oregon beats SC, 3 way tie-breaker
      UW wins 2 of 3: SC has to beat Oregon and UCLA to force 3 way tie-breaker.

With 17 conference games left, there are still too many iterations to pinpoint specifics. One of the bottom 5 pulling an upset would completely change the calculus.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I don’t see any way USC beats Oregon, on the road. Oregon would have to poo their pants for that to happen.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Upsets happen every week in CFB. It’s why there’s so much interest in the sport. Heck, Oklahoma was a shoe-in for the playoffs two weeks ago and now may not even make their CCG.

Oregon’s damn good but they can be beat. And SC beating them after losing 3 of 4 would be just about the most SC thing that could happen.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah plays in the conference championship if this happens.