I think that even if Florida win out we still could go

Ute
          Ute Fan
          @dauncher

I love you BigSmallUtesFan your a g

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

We don’t need all of that to happen. Really we need either A) Clemson loss or Oklahoma loss and B) We need the loser of the Bama – LSU game to either get blown out completely in that game or lose again.

Why do people say it’s better for LSU to lose than for Bama? Bama’s got a terrible, absolutely terrible schedule thus far and it doesn’t get much better. So it must just be the name “Bama” because if they lose big to LSU, they should drop below Utah and stay there. On the other hand, I think that LSU if they lost a close game to Bama would have a strong argument for making the playoff without playing in the SECCG.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

Aloha- do you really think they’d take a 1-loss Utah over a 1-loss Alabama?  In fact, let’s look at it this way:

There’s a VERY good chance that the following end up undefeated and will therefore absolutely be in the playoff:

Clemson

Alabama/LSU winner

Ohio State

That only leaves 1 playoff spot.  Here are the remaining teams that should have one loss (P5 only):

Pac12 champion (Utah or Oregon)

Penn State

Alabama/LSU loser

Oklahoma

Baylor (I see them with 2 losses probably)

I just don’t see the committee choosing Utah over the other one-loss teams.  I hope I’m wrong.  UCLA first though.  

MussMan
        Ute Fan
        @mussman

We need to be Auburn’s biggest fans for the next few weeks. They play Alabama and Georgia, and could give both teams another loss. They already have 2 losses of their own, so they’ve basically been eliminated. Them winning out also looks better for Oregon.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Fan Board Forums They So Poo Poo Utah to the CFP