Utah vs BYU basketball

Viewing 7 reply threads

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

What do you expect from the game today?

I’m looking forward to seeing why the cougs are ranked where they are. Have they got some premium players that are showing really great or what?

Also, I want to see if our improved Utah Utes with Carlson, Madsen, and especially Keita can give them some competition.

I don’t expect a win, but I at least want to see a competitive hard fight from our Utes. Go Utes!

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

If Carlson is healthy and plays, Utah will make a game of it. Point guard play will be another key factor.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

I’m expecting a win. We struggle against quick guards. We match up with their guards. We have a size advantage if we take advantage. Give Keita some big PT they can’t stop him inside.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I have family that follows the Y. They tell me the current BB team is mostly the same team that had little success last year but for some reason is shooting much better this year. They have not played teams they feel have challenged them this year. They are not tall with 1 or more bigs slowed a bit by injury. Utah is much bigger but when we play 2 bigs together we need to find a better way to guard the outside. Until we do we may need to change up to smaller a bit more. We really needed Smith but for now we need Exacte to return to the line up to help our ball handling. Erickson is error prone but he has a surprising 2 man game with Keita that other guards have not shown. To play with the Y, first we need Carlson back and he needs to be his usual self. Second, we need our outside shooters to keep pace with the Y’s. Either we need to guard the 3 better than their previous opponents or our outside shooting needs to be better than our average game. It will be interesting to see if our bigs frustrate them or does their smaller team make them look out of place. We may see more zone than we have seen this year to keep our bigs from being sucked outside. Myself, I think the Y would have a hard time if Carlson has a good game. Keita could sneak up on them.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Crowd wise, I think it’s going to get ugly… I’m at the Huntsman and there’s a ton of blue walking around. For what it’s worth, Carlson is warming up and moving fine.

Hahnenwk
        Ute Fan
        @hahnenwk

The season ticket holder seats are empty, I hope they show up

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

I can already see that a lot of the season ticket holders sold out. There’s significant amount of blue in the lower bowl.

Jim Vanderhoof
            Ute Fan
            @jvhoofs

Miami make sure the concessions hide the Mountain Dew and ice cream. Their students are already out of control. Go Utes

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Radio said Brandon will play

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Not at the game I tested positive for Covid yesterday. Get us win please.

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

Great win! It looked like they were going to give it away in the last minute, but Keita made a great defensive play. It looked like the coaching staff has figured out offensive plays that utilize our size. Also, hope they keep up the same defensive effort going into pac12 play. Love that the Utes have ended the BYU winning streak and are competitive again.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Utah vs BYU basketball