Ute Hub 7th Anniversary!

Viewing 7 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Lost in the chaos of the football season and all the happenings, I failed to mention that about 2 weeks ago was the 7th anniversary of the day Ute Hub was launched. SEVEN. YEARS.

I think all of you awesome Ute Fans and friends for participating and helping to make the site what it is, a great community. I’m doing my best to provide the platform but it is YOU fine people who provide most of the content! Keep it up!

Do the site a favor and help it grow by referring all your friends to join and participate! Also stay tuned for an official announcement about the 2022 fall fundraiser to help cover the site’s operating costs!

GO UTES!

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

7 years already? I really can’t believe it’s been that long.

I was so grateful to find this site and be able to talk Ute sports with fellow fans. Thank you for creating this, Tony. And congratulations on developing such a successful site!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yeah me either. WTH happend in the last 7 years? LOL

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Thanks Tony!!!!!

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I remember when you posted on the old Utefans about possibly making an alternative site because that one was no longer being maintained after WebMonkey passed away. Crazy how fast time flies. Thanks for creating and maintaining this place! 

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

How many members are there now?

cj13
        Ute Fan
        @cjohnsen13

It says there is 2,336 members on the members page.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

There are currently 3,495 registered users. There are different “kinds” of users. Some are participants, some are admins, some are subscribers.  Subscribers counts all of them and that’s where the 3,495 number comes from.  “Members” is a different sub category.  I think I’ll do a time capsule post with some stats for the 7th anniversary. 

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

How many active posters are there?

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Don’t really have a way of tracking that. You can look at the recent activity feed and scroll for a few miles to see who is most active. 

Tlsute
      Ute Fan
      @tlsute

Thank you for this forum Tony.

I was so happy to find this forum after years of frequenting the ute fans, sl trib and block U sites.

There was a period of time after those to blogs died a slow death and the trib put up a pay wall on their sites coupled with Whitt taking away media access, I felt like I was in football talk purgatory.

I really appreciate the work you do on this site and giving is die hard ute fans a place to read others opinions about our favorite football team.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Yeah, this is a great site. Thanks Tony. Utefans was solid in the early years. Nice to have a couple options to chose from for us Ute fanatics. Utah football/sports has come a long way. Moving to the P12 has been a lottery ticket winner for UofU thanks to CH and all the others working towards achieving that goal. 

Tomasina
      Ute Fan
      @tomasina

7 Years… wow, time flies.  I vividly remember the drama that led to the creation of UteHub.  As everyone was increasingly saying how they wished that someone would create a good alternative to the current fan sites… Tony actually stepped up and did it.  I jumped over the day it opened and have never looked back.  This has been a fantastic community, and it is so much of what we were all asking for seven years ago.  Great job Tony… thanks for all the work and sacrifice.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Ute Hub 7th Anniversary!