Utes baseball off to a great start

Viewing 2 reply threads

NashvilleTNUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilletnutefan

Baseball team is 7-1 and has their first 7-game winning streak since 2008. Granted, we haven’t exactly played top-notch opponents so far but we did play a couple respectable programs (Pepperdine, SDSU).

Too early to say but maybe we can make a little noise in conference play this year. I was on an LDS mission when we randomly won the pac-12 a few years back so I didnt get to experience that season at all and we haven’t had a lot of success since then. Looking forward to our first home game against BYU in a couple of weeks

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

That is a great start and anyone who knows baseball knows that a 7 game win streak is hard to do. There are just so many variables and it’s not like the U is playing high school teams. Seems like all the sports programs are continuing to improve.

1 2

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Except for MBB.

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

Actually, they are too. This is the first season they’ve sniffed the tourney in a long time. Is it incredible improvement? No. But it is better than last season, and last season was better than the season before.

2 3

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

They’ve won one away game in conference all season and get routinely blown out when playing away from home. I mean the other teams are emptying the bench with 10 minutes left in the games. I’ve never in my 25+ years plus of watching Utah basketball seen a team play so bad, so consistently, away from home. This season was supposed to be when the Utes put It all together and made the tournament and, instead, they’re towards the bottom of the conference standings. And you can’t really blame injuries since, other than Worster, the team has been healthy for almost the entirety of the season. The biggest problem for this team is next year when they lose Carlson, Madsen, Smith, Worster, etc…and enter the best college basketball conference in the nation. It could get real ugly, real fast.

Charlie
              Ute Fan
              @charlie

Baseball or Basketball, getting mixed.

D T
                Ute Fan
                @azute1

No kidding…..I came to this thread to read about baseball.

chinngiskhaan
              Ute Fan
              @chinngiskhaan

Unless Smith works miracles in the portal It’ll get ugly well before conference play starts.

The Miami Ute
                Ute Fan
                @themiamiute

It most certainly could…I have to imagine he doesn’t make it through the season if the Utes show night in, night out that they’re overmatched in the Big 12.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

While we’re not facing elite teams at this point, we’re still building confidence winning.

Hopefully, this translates into conference play.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Utes baseball off to a great start