UU mystery at Denver Invitational

Viewing 2 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

live-timing.com Women’s Giant Slalom (1) Is anyone familiar with Madison Hoffman? She is not on our roster.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

It appears she was/is on Team X in Park City?

“It’s not an easily funded sport, so once (women) graduate they either quit or they go onto the national team, which is hard to do because a lot of national teams have cutoff ages, so you just kind of age out,” said Madison Hoffman a skier with Team X Alpine, a Park City-based independent ski team.

Madison Hoffman graduated from Rowmark at age 18 and wanted to ski competitively for two years before going to college. However, there are very few options for postgraduate competitive skiers at her age and level. Though Hoffman is already a member of the Australian national team (where she is a citizen), she wouldn’t receive any coaching or support through it.

parkrecord.com article

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

…and freshman Madison Hoffman got second (2:14.61) in the second race of the day.

It was Hoffman’s first time racing with Utah and after having a ski pop off in the first race, she finished second in the second race.

“Racing today for the Utes for my first time was so fun,” Hoffman said. “I was pretty nervous at first as I wanted to do well for the team, but after the first run the nerves dissipated and I just felt super grateful to be a part of a team like this!”

utahutes.com article

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports UU mystery at Denver Invitational