Way too much hype. It all makes me nervous.

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

By new do they not mean throwing when they should be running?

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Apparently we now huddle before 98% of snaps, and we have the slowest paced offense in the conference by far.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Rope-a-dope.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Whitt brought that up. He says by seasons end there will a difference of several hundred snaps, which could payoff later.

What I would prefer to see is a hybrid of sometimes fast and sometimes slow. So we hit a 50 yard bomb, run up there with quick snap off a call that has the same formation from the bomb.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The hype coupled with the local hacks confidence has me reeling. I can’t get a feel for this game. I feel like QB experience is the difference though. Utah wins guys let’s just accept it and relax. 😂

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the hype this year.  Definitely beats all of the others years that we have been clamoring for more respect.  I’ll ride the hype train until I don’t have the chance to.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

I’m not much of a “hype” guy.  I’m only interested in the “outcome”.  “Hype” can be a real liability if it leads our guys into thinking we’re better than we are, because that’s when complacency sets in (see 1994 UNM, 2007 UNLV, 2011 Colo), and we get shocked by lesser team.  And with all the 4- and 5-star athletes down there at USC, they are NOT a “lesser” team.  They’re an “ultra talented” team looking to bounce back from a flukish loss to our little brother.

That said, I have to say that I DO enjoy how all the hype on the hill is driving the zoobs absolutely bats**t crazy!  But that’s pretty much been the only benefit thus far, seeing as how our recruiting hadn’t changed much.  Yet.

** For the record, I’m not worried about our recruiting class.  I know we come on strong late, and will have a solid class.  I’m just saying that I don’t expect our next class to be a huge step up over any of our previous classes.

UM4G
      Ute Fan
      @um4g

Yeah with all the hype that came out today I really need to see a solid blow out win similar to last year, otherwise our team is going to look like such a fool because of these pundits driving the hype train.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Way too much hype. It all makes me nervous.