We are 3/4 through this season. My top 5 players are:

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This is just one old guy’s opinion.

1. Huntley (What an amazing season he has had.)

2. Johnson (IMO he is our best defensive player.  He doesn’t get the stats, because other teams avoid him.)

3. Moss (Beat every rushing record in the books at Utah.)

4. Fotu

5. Anae

Honorable mentions include: Bernard, Lloyd, Blackmon, Guidry, Penisini, Thompson.

Biggest surprises: Vickers and Burgess.

Our best defensive game of the season was against OSU.  The stats look better with Cal and ASU, but OSU is a better offensive team IMO.

Our best offensive performance of the season was against Cal IMO.  They have a very good defense and we scored 5 of the first 6 times we had the ball.  Amazing offensive performance.

UM4G
      Ute Fan
      @um4g

The Cal game is when I finally allowed myself to believe in the offense – 99 yard drive for a TD, then a 90 yard drive. As far as I can recall neither were aided by penalties, it was all offense… against a good defense.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

itd be hard to put Burgess over Anae, but man hes been good. His numbers/grades are as good as anybody on D and hes just been incredibly solid/steady/consistent

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We are 3/4 through this season. My top 5 players are: